• 3 weeks later...

The older 2011-2012 graphics were neato like the winged victory, vikin, trasher burzum reputation but all the new stuff is to appeal to retarded "dude Russian alphabet lmao"

It's just the updated version of when everyone had black shirts with kanji

fwiw, the collection is all based on ussr's existing physical fitness program, i think the typeface, color, and overall simple aesthetic is appropriate for what gosha was trying to convey given the theme of the collection. for the crybabies the fancy fonts come back this fall, including stuff from the "sunrise" collection.

95 percent of people don't get that reference though

Sure you can draw reference to Soviet gym class with standard issue running shorts, school shirts with party iconography  but that's not the issue 

His collections, in what they draw from inspiration wise is on a downward slope tbh

It used to be subtle and using style references from skateboarding, raving etc. but now it's just straight up "CYRILLIC FONT, RUSSIAN FLAG, SOVIET UNION" and is just what every other corny """"""fashion"""" """""""enthusiast"""""""" on Instagram is masturbating over right now  

I think inspiration is relative, hedi was influenced by southern california rock / festival culture, hiroki was inspired by a fucking umbrella, kimmel by area 51, raf by brian calvin, dvn by marilyn monroe etc. Just because the inspiration is more direct rather than obscure does not mean it is going downhill. To each his own though and I understand where you are coming from, its nauseating sifting through instagram nowadays. 

• superfuture changed the title to Recent Purchases