Ooe Yofukuten: 2016 Contest Interest Thread

aho

^Really depends on how you wash them the first time around, but they'll shrink 2 in the waist with a hard wash + drier for sure. If you're just going to soak it in hot water without agitation you might be safe, but it's always better to size too large than too small in my opinion for flexibility!

Looks like we only have about two orders left to go and that'd account for everyone on the list! Thanks everyone for jumping on so fast and making payment, this must be record timing for a contest!  :D

Edited by aho

I wear Ooe 02 in size 36, Evisu 200 in size 35, most Samurai in size 34...

I am sure you made the right decision ;)

BF, when you have a moment could you measure your 36 OOE's waist and thigh and report back?  I out grew my tagged 35's so Im going for a 36 and just want to make sure.  

Nothing is locked in yet, guys.  If you want to change waist size, go for it.

I'm going to post a chart here on Wednesday with all the names/waist/inseams for everyone who's paid.

Now useful information:

My waist where my jeans sit is 37.5.  Thigh 5" below crotch is 22"

I bought a 36 in the OA02XX and wish I'd gone with a 35.

I typically wear a 34 in the following:

Rogue Territory Stanton

Rising Sun Bloke

Tellason Sheffield (I can almost do a 33 here)

PBJ XX005

Ironheart 634s

Indigofera Clint 

thanks!  and that's good info; i measured my pair of sz 32 sc66, currently my favorite fit, its been cold washed and line dried 5 or 6 times and has been worn a handful of times since the last wash and this is what i got (with the post wash chart measurements for the sz 34 and 35 02's, to the right):

sc66 sz 32                                        02 sz 34           02 sz 35

waist laid flat: 16.5 (33)                      31.7                 32.7

front rise: 11.8-12                               11.6                 11.8

upper thigh: 12.7                                12.6                 13

knee: 9.1                                             8.1                  8.3

leg opening: 8.25                                7.7                  7.9 

inseam, hemmed: 29

my concern with the sz 34 is that it might be tight in the waistband and upper block...anyone care to weigh in?  :D

@ironheartfan123 haha we have exactly the same problem. My favorite pair have nearly identical measurements as your sc66. I think it's no problem to stretch the waist on ooe size 32 but my issue is that the knee measurement on ooe is 1 inch smaller. That has to make them alot tighter no?

Sorry guys, I was late to order. I have not been on in a couple of days. I did not think this would happen so fast. I just placed my order so I am paid. I ordered a size 32. My waist measures 30.5 and I wear a 30 in most jeans and a 31 in slim cuts because they are too tight on my thighs. The waist on the 32 measures just under 30 after a wash which is tight but I am assuming they will stretch out about an inch?? I made the mistake with my TCB 60's and ordered a 30 which were too tight in the waist so I sent them back and got a 31 which is perfect in the waist. Can anyone weigh in that may have experience with the 60's and the Ooe's?

Nothing is locked in yet, guys.  If you want to change waist size, go for it.

I'm going to post a chart here on Wednesday with all the names/waist/inseams for everyone who's paid.

Now useful information:

My waist where my jeans sit is 37.5.  Thigh 5" below crotch is 22"

I bought a 36 in the OA02XX and wish I'd gone with a 35.

I typically wear a 34 in the following:

Rogue Territory Stanton

Rising Sun Bloke

Tellason Sheffield (I can almost do a 33 here)

PBJ XX005

Ironheart 634s

Indigofera Clint 

Wow mrsmiff, my waist is smaller than yours (36') and thigh is the same (22"), yet my soaked OA02 in size 36 feel perfect.  I haven't worn them much or put them through a machine wash.  You've got me thinking.  Does Ooe denim stretch a lot after multiple wears?

Based on the current fit, 36 was the way to go, unless there's significant stretch over time.  By comparison, I'm a 34 in the IH 634s (barely), a 35 in Samurai, and 34 in Warehouse 800.

Not trying to make it confusing, but in my opinion it's always better to oversize than undersize if you wash frequently and fluctuate in weight! Easier to wear a belt than to need a new pair of jeans, and the denim won't stretch as much as say a pair of APC's   :D

Edited by aho

Ok I measured mine right out of the wash this morning.  These have never been through the drier - 3 washes on cold in 6 months.

17" waist

10.5" thigh 5" below crotch 

11.5" rise

33.75" inseam.

They're gonna be tight when I put them on but will very quickly stretch back out.   I'll update with pictures after about 4pm PST today.  

Wow mrsmiff, my waist is smaller than yours (36') and thigh is the same (22"), yet my soaked OA02 in size 36 feel perfect.  I haven't worn them much or put them through a machine wash.  You've got me thinking.  Does Ooe denim stretch a lot after multiple wears?

Based on the current fit, 36 was the way to go, unless there's significant stretch over time.  By comparison, I'm a 34 in the IH 634s (barely), a 35 in Samurai, and 34 in Warehouse 800.

I think we might like a different fit - I always go true to size on my shrink-to-fit denims and just stretch them to fit.  I got a pair of 1966 LVCs sized "correctly" and I hate how they fit.