Ooe Yofukuten: 2016 Contest Interest Thread

aho

Volvo, here's my TCB measurements vs. OOE. I was looking at a different OAO2 and this looks even worse, unfortunately.

TCB 31 vs. OOE 33 Raw Measurements

Waist:           32" vs. 33.3"

Front Rise: 12.5" vs. 12.4"

Thigh:        12.5" vs. 11.4"

Knee:           9.5" vs. 8.7"

Leg Opening:  9" vs. 8.3"

Aho, thank you for organizing what I'm sure will be a great contest. Unfortunately, I'll have to sit this one out. I don't want to derail the thread, but I am all over the place thinking about what my next pair will be. If anyone has any obscure suggestions that are all high and wide, DM me. I'm toying with the idea of heading to 45 rpm or if I make it to Japan in the spring, Evisu No. 1 2001 white gulls.

Oh, and Aho, one of the things I love most about the TCB is the straight waist. We are different builds, but I pull the belt up and over my stomach when I sit down and it's so much nicer than having it stuck in the flex point of my lap. For me, obviously.

Jared Lee, no worries my friend, glad you were able to participate with the TCB's and found an ideal fit! Indeed, the Ooe 02's and TCB 50's are different so it makes sense if they're not what you're looking for. Not to derail, but 45rpm is what I'd be wearing if I wasn't into repro's but still wanted quality; Can't go wrong with the classic Evisu either but it might be worth checking out Orslow or Boncoura as well though admittedly they're slimmer than what you're looking for. 45rpm and Evisu will take time and dedication to break in/fade, but are worth the time and effort!

Anddddddd, ORDERING IS LIVE!:

http://standardandstrange.com/pages/ooe-yofukuten-x-sufu-contest-jean-ss-1702xx

Please don't forget to include in the Special Instructions section on PayPal:

Inseam:
Superfuture name:
Lower Customs Value?:

Already have my order in, damn I can't wait for this to get started...I'll update when I get a deadline for orders but the sooner the better! Big thanks to Standard & Strange for making this happen, and in such record time! Been a pleasure setting this up and their partnership has been exemplary!

Edited by aho

Quick question if you're still around aho, if I want my inseam the same as the OA02XX should I just state that no difference in length is needed? My OA02XX's shrank down to an ideal inseam length over time...

Order placed, very excited for this! Impressed by how quickly everything has come together.

Think I explained the inseam clearly, if not I'm sure someone will get in touch with me.  :P

Now to see what the patch will look like, can't wait to get my hands on these jeans.

Here's to hoping this contest ends up as awesome as the original Ooe contest, it definitely helped spark my interest in denim.

guthriegking, no worries, I had the same issue! Jeremy can be contacted at [email protected] but just in case we'll check in with everyone once orders are closed to ensure correct sizing and details!

Broark, my bad, just seeing your post about inseam length now! Indeed, you can write 'no change/standard length' for inseam if you desire!

Edited by aho

If I measure my waist where my jeans sits I get 33 (83cm) which means that I should order 35. I really hope I don't mess this up. I'm going to order them after work in a couple of hours! All measurements on ooes chart post wash 35 is perfect but I'm worried the waist will stretch to much. Do you guys know if they continue to shrink after a couple of washes?

Edited by tigerstrom

If I measure my waist where my jeans sits I get 33 (83cm) which means that I should order 35. I really hope I don't mess this up. I'm going to order them after work in a couple of hours! All measurements on ooes chart post wash 35 is perfect but I'm worried the waist will stretch to much. Do you guys know if they continue to shrink after a couple of washes?

I look at a size chart for a pair of new jeans I'm currently wearing.  Like I'm wearing a sanforized 33" pair when new but they are currently 17.5" across.  I ordered a 35" not a 37".  My waist with a tape measure is 37".. that's not even close to my pants size.

Edited by givemefive