Samurai Jeans Geisha Denim Evolution Thread

chantheman

After fighting with the denim for probably half an hour to get them cuffed I also took some quick measurements, this is a size 30 after an 1h 40°C machine wash ("dark clothing" program with less agitation and low 600rpm spin cycle):

Waist: 35cm
Front rise: 26cm 
Thigh: 27cm
Knee: 21cm 
Hem: 19cm
Inseam (unhemmed): 91cm

I could have sized up one for an instantly comfortable fit in the top block, and I won't lie, it took me maybe 10 minutes to button them up completely :D But they've been comfy raw before the wash and now I'm sitting without getting snapped in two, so they've already stretched a ton. The leg opening shrank 0,5cm more than I would have liked, but they need a hem anyway and then they'll open to maybe 19,5-20cm which will be perfect for my taste. This denim is really awesome, rough and very crisp - and the fit throughout the leg is perfect already. Once the waist is back to raw I'm a happy camper.

I wasn't sure about the overall size so I wanted to keep the option to exchange them for a 31 if they'd turned out to be too small in raw state already. Don't know yet where to get a hem, I'll be in London for a few days in April so maybe hit up rivet and hide there... Also have a work thing in Hamburg in the near future so maybe Vater & Sohn, whatever thing comes first I guess.

Yeah, I love a big cuff personally and how it looks here, but a hem will make wearing boots a bit easier (right now I can fit them over every pair I have, but it's very tight with my taller cowboy boots). Just 0,5cm bigger leg opening would make a lot of difference. Maybe I should just try and stretch out the cuffs for now :D

Got my pair back from being hemmed at Ironheart yesterday (Excellent job done btw) and wore them last night to poker - loving them already. Fit great already, but with a bit of stretch they will be perfection. Glad I went true.

How bad has the denim bleed been for those who have been wearing them post-soak? I can deal with a bit of bleed but don't want to ruin shoes with it.

Weird...these things stained by tub blue and thats never happened to me before. Also my hands were insanely dark after trying to turn them right side out for hanging...

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Is anyone else finding this denim extremely warm?

Mind you I've been wearing them during the sydney summer where its been 28-34 most days recently but these jeans seem to be so much warmer that my flat head pioneer denim (not 2oz worth of warmth IMO). I feel like i will only be comfortable in these jeans in the autumn/winter here. I can wear my flat heads and PBJ xx007 no problem all year round even in 36+ heat

Got my 36... and a bit proud to have solved all the sizing issues. Crazy how loose they look / run compared to the 35, that I could barely step into nor close the button. But also...they are so comfy. Not a slim fit anymore, but one that I'll enjoy wearing for a long time. Waist is at 92cm, inseam 90cm, hem 22,3 cm. They're soaking at the moment.

23952141003_cb96299b09_h.jpg

24470632982_416b0d6f0f_h.jpg

24211195999_5d7ce28f2d_h.jpg

24496653051_8e5efd6e9e_h.jpg

24552761416_ae3b7ec4fc_h.jpg

24578942875_98005b916e_h.jpg

23952100453_9a418876a6_h.jpg

24578911775_26a6ad867d_h.jpg

Success!

24578910515_398be64a63_h.jpg

I soaked them three times and give them a gentle machine wash now...they're bleeding a lot, but I want to make sure they shrunk a good amount. And I'm thinking of altering the arcs and tab...has anybody done that yet?

I have been thinking about moving the tab to the back pocket but i have no faith in my own sewing abilities. Is it fairly invasive of a job for a tailor to do? 

Totally. Even you could do it yourself: use a seam ripper just on the arear where the tab is attached, take it out, restitch with a similar coloured thread. (I suck at all handicraft stuff, I mean really - and it's something I would easily manage). I just don't like the thought of ripping a new pair of jeans.Well, I might just cut the tab away, as I don't like the gold lettering that much.

I see two possibiliites for me a) tab on backpockets, but no arcs then or B) arcs and no tab.  Gold lettering, red tab, pink selvedge,  green & blue arcs and gold buttons are just too much.

Edited by Max Power

Totally. Even you could do it yourself: use a seam ripper just on the arear where the tab is attached, take it out, restitch with a similar coloured thread. (I suck at all handicraft stuff, I mean really - and it's something I would easily manage). I just don't like the thought of ripping a new pair of jeans.Well, I might just cut the tab away, as I don't like the gold lettering that much.

I see two possibiliites for me a) tab on backpockets, but no arcs then or B) arcs and no tab.  Gold lettering, red tab, pink selvedge,  green & blue arcs and gold buttons are just too much.

The details can seem a bit in your face when you inspect your jeans like we tend to do, but in real life they're not that flashy in my opinion. No one sees the gold button unless you tuck your shirt and wear no belt, the pink selvedge looks just reddish and no one will really notice the gold lettering.

Worn my pair for 4 days now and I'm in love with them. Rigid as hell yet extremely comfortable. I've seen a little bit of fading in my wallet back-pocket with sitting etc. which is pretty rapid.

Haven't noticed much denim bleed, but I've been staying away from white footwear for now so maybe that's why.

Denimio really should've ran a competition with these.

Look good Max. Looks like a different cut compared to mine though. You go up one or 2 sizes in the end?

Mine are starting to soften a bit now. 

Can't say i am noticing much denim bleed either. A bit on my shoes but nothing major. 

Yes, 2 sizes up. The waist is pretty tight nevertheless, just the hips and legs would have been better in 35. I feel like they just made the waist too narrow.

I know we are all new to this denim but anyone wanna give any thought to further shrinkage. Gave mine a 40 degree wash to start. So got a fair amount to begin with. Just wondering if they shrink some more with another wash. Thinking about getting them hemmed a bit more.

I could really use some more shrinkage in the legs...at this point I'm not sure wether I'll wear them this year or save them up. Somehow I'm more drawn towards my WH and Resolute right now.

BTW, I had the tab removed...looks way better now. I might tear out the arcs soon as well, but as the threads look pretty loose they might come undone with time anyway.

24733537485_80c9801263_h.jpg