Dropping a stack for a wallet chain

Not sure if any from this community has noticed the return of wallet chains back into trend especially within the Japanese fashion networks. 

I recently picked up a Celt & Cobra x Argent Gleam wallet chain from Tokyo and I was just wondering if anybody else has been onto this? I know brands such as Bill Wall Leather, Travis Walker, Lone Ones, Gabor,Chrome Hearts, etcc has been having a huge surge in popularity in the recent years in Japan.

Just wondering what are Sufu's thoughts about this trend. Thanks!

A few pics of what I'm talking about

20150307_1502765.jpgMANABU_538.jpgIMG_5406.JPG24852958_o3.jpg?201011231942049_001005000045.jpg

i have a very minimal wallet chain..? just so that my wallet's safer, tho. pickpockets galore in manila and i'm on public transport a lot so >_> looking at switching my wallet + chain out sooner or later, tho. porter makes pretty nice looking wallet cords tbh

Ya I really doubt having a huge silver chain in a place like manila will deter pickpockets from targeting you, more so like the complete opposite. I feel like this is a trend only applicable for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan & Korea. Anywhere else in the world is either going to get you unwanted attention due to the size of these chains or worse, a higher chance of getting mugged if they knew these chains are worth around 1k+ USD each. 

Ya I really doubt having a huge silver chain in a place like manila will deter pickpockets from targeting you, more so like the complete opposite. I feel like this is a trend only applicable for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan & Korea. Anywhere else in the world is either going to get you unwanted attention due to the size of these chains or worse, a higher chance of getting mugged if they knew these chains are worth around 1k+ USD each. 

So wearing these in Switzerland is a no go cause pickpockets are everywhere? You're so yellowcentric :P

I don't like the chains in isolation but looking at your latest WAYWT pics I think one would work nicely with your current style. Very Jap-rock though, you'll discard very fast if you move to a more minimal rock aesthetic.

This ^ 

Also I think their popularity has endured in Japan and was never really out of fashion with certain circles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic sold wallet chains with skulls as links, but to me it's all about execution. It's solid sterling silver with a perfectly shaped and articulated skull... Jewelry, like necklaces and silver bracelets, can be either really wack or sick depending on the smallest things imo. To me, when you can tell something is high quality, it certainly helps avoid the Hot Topic look... of course it has to straight up look good aesthetically too.

I think it's a bummer when people judge things for what they remind of rather than for what they actually are. You wouldn't believe how much shit I get for my "bejeweled belt", because people see studs on a belt and instantly think its lame, and 99% of studded belts are, but it's that 1% that gets it perfect that are the bees knees.

Even though I like that chain though, I wouldn't get it since it's not really "me" and that would show when I wore it. Also, it's a couple stacks, not just one...

I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic sold wallet chains with skulls as links, but to me it's all about execution. It's solid sterling silver with a perfectly shaped and articulated skull... Jewelry, like necklaces and silver bracelets, can be either really wack or sick depending on the smallest things imo. To me, when you can tell something is high quality, it certainly helps avoid the Hot Topic look... of course it has to straight up look good aesthetically too.

I think it's a bummer when people judge things for what they remind of rather than for what they actually are. You wouldn't believe how much shit I get for my "bejeweled belt", because people see studs on a belt and instantly think its lame, and 99% of studded belts are, but it's that 1% that gets it perfect that are the bees knees.

Even though I like that chain though, I wouldn't get it since it's not really "me" and that would show when I wore it. Also, it's a couple stacks, not just one...

Glad somebody looks at this on the same page as me, wasn't really sure what to expect from Sufu but yes, I entirely agree its all about execution. The chains that you posted are bill wall hence I wasn't suprised you know your stuff. I still haven't moved up as far as BWL yet but currently only around the Argent Gleam range. You can get a decent sized silver piece for around 1.1k. The highest in the spectrum of the more popular brands are like Travis Walker, Chrome hearts, etc... Those go up to 6k each

except the stud belt that ur selling is gei as shit