How do any of you afford this?

doublementh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't. At least not anymore. Got one pair of jeans, which are falling apart at the seams. I could be a poet, don'tcha know it.

Got into the higher end stuff when I was enlisted and making cash out the ass. That was before kids, and the government was paying my rent. Fast forward 5 years, one kid, a mortgage, and a $30k a year job. These days my clothes are work-issued or come from Walmart.

Props to you, though. I always wanted to make this thread but never had the gumption.

Still have a couple items from the carefree days, but when they're worn out, they likely won't be replaced.

Edited by Rain Dogs

For me it's a combination of the following. I buy 2-3 things a year that are expensive (3-700) and not much else. I don't bar hop, I don't spend a ton of money on much else, nor do I have kids yet. But since I see those days of kids starting to approach, I basically am buying stuff which I think will last a long time through quality and occasional wear (shell cordovan Aldens, nice jeans, etc.). Get the good stuff now I guess hah.

For me it's a combination of the following. I buy 2-3 things a year that are expensive (3-700) and not much else. I don't bar hop, I don't spend a ton of money on much else, nor do I have kids yet. But since I see those days of kids starting to approach, I basically am buying stuff which I think will last a long time through quality and occasional wear (shell cordovan Aldens, nice jeans, etc.). Get the good stuff now I guess hah.

high probability that u basically ametora

^

You certainly didn't send me the stout bottles you said you would on your high horse.

Collected rep tho.

Denim size: unreliable

boom shit headshot. 

I'm a software developer, so I make a pretty good income, but besides that I rarely do any kind of activities that cost (much) money. I don't drink/go to bars, don't go to clubs, etc. and cook most of my meals rather than eat out, so that saves me a lot of cash compared to most twentysomethings. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything, so I'm happy with this arrangement.

• 2 months later...

My wife works for an ultra high-end retailer in Miami Beach. I am a stock broker. Happy marriage. Balmain and Dior for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuVSvSbnaUg

• 1 month later...

Well I definately ,yeah keep the G . In gentlmn.

Also I personally put the D, in decadant..

Capital uppercase fairly heavy & not only on the wknds...

Po Up

My wardbrobe I dont consider that I spent so much on really It's not about affordability it's about satisfaction and or money well spent not wasted on bulllshid.

If you dont have the money the true quality section of your drobe will totally start off shit ,two tees a sweatshirt and one or two pairs of jawns a flannel and a shell and few shoes aint exactly doing numbers

BUT if they are actual real deal pieces and actual good shoes

[not jordans you pull out after 4-5 years thinking you are gonna break some neck and they just crumble your first walk to]

Then noone should be worried it may take a year to build an actual full wardbrobe I have a lot more than that but just about all my stuff is timeless.

It's an investment really but yeah Im sure many come here just to see what's hot and then proceed to blow their creditcard out to it's very limits and nah that aint too futuristic at all mane

Edited by __3xL

• 2 weeks later...

this is slightly related, and a weird thing i noticed.

I bought more expensive clothes when i didn't really have a ton of money. But now that i have more money (better job, less friends, got really into minimalism and cut out a bunch of excessive shit i didn't need or use...no more car) I don't really spend much on clothes. I still wear clothes i bought years ago (RRL's, Baldwin, odyn vovk). haven't updated much in the last 4 years truthfully. 

^ same, plus I work in the industry now so I get free stuff every now and then and also make some clothes for myself when I have the time. Now if I go to Dover Street Market or browse online shops or whatever, there isn't really much stuff that I want, even though I could easily buy a few things. A few years ago I would have bought half the stuff in the store if I'd had the money. My wardrobe is basically complete at this point with exactly the things I want, so having more clothes just kind of feels like a burden. 

Browsing the auctions, classifieds, etc. for bargains on the best pieces was kind of a fun game in itself, having to put in work to search for obscure stuff is fun, so maybe now that it's not necessary anymore and I also have a lot less time, the whole thing has just lost its appeal a bit.

• 7 months later...

I just spend all my spare money on clothes!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/23/2015 at 3:51 PM, Bigyen said:

I joined a theatrical labor union. Bank

rofl

• 10 months later...

i scam people into giving me their credit card number, no lie, I just copped some julius ss24 black fastened boots and sacai platform chelsea boots on a boosted credit card