Also got mine, far too small unfortunately. The denim is really nice and lightweight and I love the snaps.

I could wear it over a t-shirt open but no way would it work on it's own.  :(

If anyone is looking to size up to a 44 without any alterations let me know.  :P

I hope this doesn't turn into a bad disappointment for most of us...

6cm error on a 112cm circumfence is a full size! A short note 2 or 3 weeks ago would have been nice.

Edited by Foxy2

It looks quite OK on the pictures but it is sadly to small.

It feels quite restricted when I move around and the body length on me is to short. I am having trouble tucking it. The sides can not be completely tucked. I get a small "hole" at each side.

And I do miss another button.

I would need almost 7cm in the body length I would say.

Arms are very slim. Especially around the armpits. I do not know the terms but the hole where the torso and arms are sewn together is very slim. A whider hole and wider arms would have made a big difference.

I understand now why most fit pictures Ive seen now have had bigger sizes on them.

Anyhow here are some quick pictures. I might sell/give this shirt to a colleague of mine who is a bit smaller then me.

I am 187cm and weight 80kg

151203_001.jpg

151203_002.jpg

151203_003.jpg

151203_004.jpg

151203_005.jpg

151203_006.jpg

151203_007.jpg

151203_008.jpg

151203_009.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Sounds like I'm waiting for a miss sized shirt to arrive. Too bad about the chest measurements as we even double checked with the man, I wonder how it can differ so much.

I can happen if you don't communicate with the factory directly or if you don't make/check the pre-production sample...

(Or if you can't hold or read a measuring tape.)

Also, felled side seams have a different seam allowance compared to regular seams.

Edited by Foxy2

lads I am sorry for what's happening.

Ill let Inoue know that many of us are having troubles with the fit. Hope he will sort us out somehow.

it would help if someone who already received the shirt could send me (here or via pm) a comparison between the sizing chart measurements and actual measurements.

thanks

20151103-DSC_8512.jpg

this is the fit that I was hoping for. I asked Neil at Standard & Strange and he said

"I am 6 feet, 3 inches tall, weigh 185lbs, have a 39" chest and am wearing a size 42."

regarding when they will start carrying TCB he said

"We will be carrying TCB, however we're working Inoue-San on adjusting the fits [lower armholes, longer sleeves, larger chest on the shirts; longer in-seam, higher rise, more crotch drop on the bottoms]. Can't say when but early 2016 is my best guess."

"We will be carrying TCB, however we're working Inoue-San on adjusting the fits [lower armholes, longer sleeves, larger chest on the shirts; longer in-seam, higher rise, more crotch drop on the bottoms]. Can't say when but early 2016 is my best guess."

Adjusting shirt fits seems like a decent idea, but bottoms? Apart from longer inseam that seems like a strange idea. Dropped crotch 50s jeans??  :blink:

Edited by Cucoo

My colleague also thought the body was to short on him. Sides of the shirt can not be tucked.

If anyone is interested in a 38 chambrey with modified sleeves to 65cm let me know.

/N

hello lads I've been in touch re this little trouble w sizing with Inoue yesterday.

I told him that many of us are experiencing discrepancy between the sizing chart he provided with and final measurements.

Also told him that somebody might ask for a size exchange (I assume the new shipping costs will be on the side of the buyer here) and someone might ask for a return.

he replied me that he's sorry and understands. I hope he will sort us out nicely. If you're not happy with the fit beacause of an effective discrepancy between the sizing chart and the actual measurements please pm me. I'd work this way, I will anticipate to Inoue what went wrong and then each one of you will email him and see how he could arrange things.

my shirt is still not here.

@tiger: did u size the shirt the same as your 60's jacket or sized down?

I am a 42 bang on fit on both jkt and vest and went for a 40 here

I have now measured my size 38 ranchman.

chest: 54cm x2 (108cm)

length: 68

shoulder: 45

sleeve: 64,5

Only measurement that is correct is the shoulder measurement.

61 altered to 65,5

However, my biggest problem with this shirt is the length of it. It is to short. The "side" measurement from armpit to end of shirt following the seam down is to short. I can not tuck the sides into my jeans and I show to much of my belly when I move around. More then I am comfortable with. 

Not sure if this make sense to yall but the way that this shirt is constructed, I cannot lay it flat and have both arm pits be visible. So, even though technically it is 112 cm pit to pit for my 38, the width of the chest with the shirt laying flat is 108cm. 

I am going to email Inoue to see how long it would take to make a size 40 with custom sleeve length and just sell this one or give it to my girl B)

Not sure if this make sense to yall but the way that this shirt is constructed, I cannot lay it flat and have both arm pits be visible. So, even though technically it is 112 cm pit to pit for my 38, the width of the chest with the shirt laying flat is 108cm. 

I am going to email Inoue to see how long it would take to make a size 40 with custom sleeve length and just sell this one or give it to my girl B)

If it measures 54 at the back and at the front how can it technically be 112?

Even if the back or front is bigger it is still the combined measurement that is the correct measurement. :)  

My size 40 ranchman arrived today, awesome shirt but unfortunately its a bit small. Hopefully returns are an option. If not, anyone that has a 42 and wants to size down, hit me up.

Yikes! That's smaller than the 36 measurement that was provided - I wonder if Inoue posted the pre one-wash measurements. 

Was wondering about that when the initial measurements were posted, and if the shirts were going to shrink.  Good luck guys.  

western shirts are usually a tighter fit, no?  also, asian body types are not as huge as the european and north american counterparts.  some companies make smaller jackets for the asian market. 

The thing is that everyone chose a size based on the first size chart that apparently WAS screwed up after all. As I said, checking the happy jeans webshop shows a new and totally different size chart with much more reasonable chest measurements for the posted sizes. Had I participated I'd have ended up with an ill-fitting shirt, too.

I really hope everyone gets sorted out in the end!