45rpm Sorahiko Nando x Nando *pics*

Swych

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird, Swych said the cut was the same as the non-slim sorahiko, which i can't imagine are tighter than the slims.

Hm. Thats really strange. I have both pairs and my sorahikos are definitely more straight cut, whereas the slims taper into the knees, and then flare a bit again.

The other more distinct difference for me is that the slims have a higher back pocket, and are meant to be worn higher up it seems (nature of a more fitted look? I dunno...). I like my jeans to sit fairly low (RRDS are perfect for me, and the back pocket starting at the apex of the bum) and the Slims dont look as good worn low (i prefer the non slim cut). The Nando x Nandos I can change around freely, and are more adjustable due to its straightness.

i'll take pics in a second...

*ah shit, battery's dead. recharge then post up tomorrow morning*

This took a while... hope it helps. Someone how to teach me how to upload pics because these seem a bit small- i gave up after spending too much time.

*k so i finally got the hang after the 82759893 time uploading. if this isn't good enough, and u want bigger pics still, then i'll reupload tomorrow morning. sick of this html crap for now. night*

Sorahiko Slim

DSCF2249b07.jpg

DSCF22506f7.jpg

DSCF225290d.jpg

Nando x Nando

DSCF2254d6a.jpg

DSCF225502c.jpg

RRDS (for reference to what I was saying above)

DSCF2258345.jpg

DSCF2259ce0.jpg

DSCF2265d50.jpg

Umii jean has subin (suvin) cotton which is plenty nice and maybe superior (certainly rarer) to Zimbabwean and the same natural indigo dye process as Jomon however it doesn't have hidden back pocket rivets.

Umii is $739 Jomon $754 if thats how some decide what is better.

huh i didn't notice that. so there's no backpocket rivets at all?

umii pictures

I'll measure later.

Ooops I just noticed that I posted 2 sets of the same pics =/

and um... yeah I don't know what I've been talking about. Sorry poly I meant they are not as slim as teh sorahiko slims, but I dont know how it compares to standard sorahikos.

correcto. no hidden nor visible backpocket rivets. just a little extra stitching support.
huh. why'd they decide to do that?

the old lee 101s never had rivets on the backpockets, either, as far as i know. they usually had x-shaped stitchings where the rivets would be instead. i guess the umiis are 45rpm's version of lee tributes (i won't say repro).

• 1 month later...

^ no.

question for the nando x nando experts, these are overdyed in blue right? how can they make the red selvage line remain red? the selvage of my IH black overdyed are kindda dyed black... (see pic below)...

I am also not sure about cuffing overdyed jeans, looks kindda weird to me coz they are kindda the same color inside and outside...

366659982_bf1d413f4a.jpg

^ no.

question for the nando x nando experts, these are overdyed in blue right? how can they make the red selvage line remain red? the selvage of my IH black overdyed are kindda dyed black... (see pic below)...

I am also not sure about cuffing overdyed jeans, looks kindda weird to me coz they are kindda the same color inside and outside...

nando nando's aren't overdyed...the iron hearts are, the nando nando's are dyed indigo warp weft before...unlike the iron hearts which are together and dyed after.....hope that makes sense...