Self Edge STRIKE GOLD SG009LTD Limited Contest 1115-1216

beatle

Some quick crummy post soak fit pics. I went a tad small with these since I hate having to pinch extra fabric with a belt (ahem.... xx012), this will also serve as a motivator to lose the 5 pounds I've gained in the past few weeks shoving my pie hole. I rotated the pics, sorry guys.

mRWfDMc.jpg?1

DzlqTwA.jpg?1

zECH2xX.jpg?1

DzlqTwA.jpg?1

Edited by my_candy_is_free

• 3 weeks later...

nothing really new to report here, but hopefully a bump will inspire those lurking in the shadows to post. 

went to see my blazers play the pistons (and lose)

cjIRGR3.jpg?1

in the process of stepping and stretching up an aisle after we got busted for "upgrading" our seats, i immediately heard some threads start to blow. oops. not too bad, thankfully.

TRGHFXH.jpg?1

i've been using this wallet for ages now, but it used to be a natural waxed canvas, now indigo from being the goto wallet for breaking in jeans.

2KVRpRK.jpg?1

the jeans are still bleeding quite a bit, and some fading is starting to happen. not sure what to expect here, but i'm stoked to see what transpires. i'll post some detailed pics in a week or two. 

Hey guys, super excited to wear the shit out of these jeans. Unfortunately I'll be traveling in a hot climate for a little more than a week and won't get to wear them then but I'm still looking forward to breaking them in.

Size 33        Pre-Soak    Post-Soak
Waist           16 5/8"       16 3/8"
Front Rise   10.75"         10 3/8"
Rear Rise    13.5"           13 3/8"
Thigh           12"             11 5/8"
Knee            8 1/8"         8"
Opening       7 5/8"         7 1/2"
Inseam         35"             34"

Post soak pics:
N0mJFCT.jpg
KE5wRuK.jpg
KhMIKX4.jpg
4DicTFH.jpg
n9UpZlu.jpg
Edited by whatisthe

• 2 weeks later...

great fit, whatisthe!

&

wut

i was just showing my astonishment that you could actually hear one single thread/yarn/stitch break/blow/... in a crowded stadium, i guess!

srsly

Im a few days behind but will i still be able to partake in the contest? I just bought these today from Selfedge LA

it's beatle's call, but fwiw i don't mind, as long as people "post" their commitment. def send a private message, though.

i was just showing my astonishment that you could actually hear one single thread/yarn/stitch break/blow/... in a crowded stadium, i guess!

srsly

C9OQUJI.jpg?1

a crude representation, but you get the idea. when you can't get out of either end of the aisle, you gotta stretch!

the indigo sheds constantly on these-- i've been wearing 'em 3-4 times a week, a few hours at a time. i think things should start to get interesting quite soon, however. they'll be hitting the wash soon. shout out to william aka rodeo bill and tender. about to grease up this patch with some tallow. 

AgIK98b.jpg?1

Just got the green light from beatle about joining the contest!

Here are my fit pics. 

Picked up the SG SD009LTD yesterday from SELA.

Size 31, warm soak, then hemmed to a 30 length.

Sized up 1 from my normal size. Also got the tab stitched back on.

Pretty stoked on fit. What do you guys think?

DSCF3641.jpg

DSCF3646.jpg

DSCF3643.jpg

@groove Good call, and good reminder that i need to get to posting, I'll try my best to snap some photos and post up asap

edit: LOL my bad guys, I thought i was on the dwc thread, I was wondering why i was seeing so many SG's. My bad if i offended anyone haha

Edited by KrisB

Got a pair of these in from sesf over the weekend, the blue looks amazing. Haven't gotten around to soaking them yet, hopefully I sized it properly, I went one up. After trying SGs on, I put on my 301s and they felt like sweatpants in comparison. Definitely looking forward to breaking them in. Hopefully not too late to take part in the contest! 

• 5 months later...

I was looking back for the "sales pitch" comment by a former member, it seems they have been censored and deleted.

Hoggreaser went back through every one of his superfuture posts and deleted them all after getting upset in the Strike Gold contest thread. I can't imagine how long that would have taken given his post count... It's now shitted-up a lot of older thread conversations though maybe that was the intention.