Denim Shirts

nemoulette

On 2/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, JDelage said:

I just received the Taylor Stitch heavy slub workshirt. It's more a heavy nep to my eyes, but never mind that. So far, I like it.

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-utility-shirts/products/the-utility-shirt-in-heavy-slub-denim

Super-dupper neppy fabric. The fit is trimmer than IH, which works better for me. Here are measurements for my size 40: shoulders: 18.5, p2p: 22.8, length: 29, waist 20.9, sleeve 24.5.

A few pics. I love the fit, fabric, & buttons, and the construction quality seems v. good. I don't like the off white fabric they sew inside the box plate & sleeve placket. Also, the sleeve placket is so short it is impossible to roll the sleeves up.

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

Who here does double denim? I think it can look awesome, but there is such a slim line. I actually prefer similar colors than contrasting. What about you guys?

Who does it at work?

Edited by Capibaro

I double denim at work at least once a week. Contrasting tones only for me.

Although the two denim iron heart shirts i have, hardly anyone notices I double denim because of the tonal stitching, and that's the way I like it

Also I came across a lovely looking Full Count button down shirt, wish I knew about it when it was released couple years ago. Anyone know of any similar shirt?

fc4893-top.jpg

Edited by Niro

On 2/24/2017 at 0:17 PM, JDelage said:

All - on a washed denim shirt do you think it's best to opt for shoulders that are 1.5" too wide or P2P that is 1.5" too tight? Looking at that 7001wr ...

That latter method of sizing will absolutely not work.

If you get it post some pics :) great shirt!

Jeans and a denim shirt isn't a big deal IMO. I do it all the time, at work and everywhere else. You don't even stick out really since denim shirts are a bit in fashion right now. Around here lots of people do Levi's and an H&M denim shirt or the likes.

Personally I go for contrasting shades, but since shirts lose color way slower than jeans it's not hard to do.

New sawtooth western denim from Indigofera. Very happy with fit & details. It's taking a warm bath right now & turning the water blue. The denim is a 7.5oz milled in Japan. To me, the snaps look like the back of a bullet...

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG

I am looking for a fitting Levi's sawtooth denim shirt in a good washing (yet classic). Like tis one. They seem nowhere to be found. Anyone a good store online to buy them?

Those popped up BNWT on eBay a lot, but after a quick search it indeed seems that what Levi's calls the "Barstow" shirt is more common right now. I'd still keep an eye on eBay (maybe just set up an email alert for new listings EU wide).

Amazon has plenty of the Barstow style shirts which are a thicker, softer material than the sawtooth shirts, which were generally thinner and crisper. They also have different style poppers.

eBay will be your best bet for the old style sawtooth, I've bought and sold a few myself. Love the new Barstow shirts, bought a faded one just to dye it black and the fit and finish is excellent. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 2:57 PM, Capibaro said:

I am looking for a fitting Levi's sawtooth denim shirt in a good washing (yet classic). Like tis one. They seem nowhere to be found. Anyone a good store online to buy them?

There's a solid indigo one on sale for $75 here: https://independence-chicago.com/levis-premium-barstow-western-shirt-indigo/ 

On 13/03/2017 at 5:57 PM, Capibaro said:

If it doesn't have to be Levis, try Ebay for some RRL sawtooth offerings. A wash one is below.

If it doesn't have to be a wash, they also made a great one with a denim very similar to that Indigofera above. Great shirt. Again, probably nothing currently listed, but they pop up once in a while.

rrlsawtooth.jpg

rrlsawtooth2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread:

I know Gustin isn't held in very high regard here (to put in mildly), but I've been feeling pretty good about how my Cone 101 Workshirt is looking, recently, and thought I'd snap a few pictures. This is after a year and change of pretty steady wear.

fcobcdw.jpg?1

rLlrxcA.jpg

QtlAAGw.jpg

sn4uaeO.jpg

J3bsh68.jpg

ln16otD.jpg

dy5J935.jpg

CV1BMTE.jpg

aXkPacF.jpg

RiTEInE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...