Denim Shirts

nemoulette

That's exactly what I was looking for, what size did you go for and what's the measurements for it?

What happened to the Real McCoys NYC location? There stock is nill, so not sure how I'd even go about picking that up if anyone still has it.

Edited by bradl

I ordered it from here: http://realdeal-rd.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=1206 but if you search on MS14011, it's available in quite a few places. I bought a raw size 16, can't measure it now as it's in temporary storage with most of my other clothing but the measurements were pretty true to those I found on the Internet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's amazing that you got just such an impression from an audio cable. Very cool. (I found and ordered that jacket from Rakuten, largely because of your pics. Sutoc. just shipped it. Can't wait...)

i've got an IH 12oz denim shirt, and i love it. It feels solid, yet not heavy, and is perfect for cooler weather. I also do not get overly hot when in offices with heating on high. What is your worry about 12oz?

I prefer heavier denim shirts. I have tried a 6oz one and it just feels flimsy. If i want lightweight shirts then I prefer in other materials such as chambray rather than denim.

On 2/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, JDelage said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Warehouse shirts? They have one out now (sold out on their website) which looks nice but maybe a bit boxy...?

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=69248355#

imo they are surprisingly tight in the chest while being boxy below, not great if you have a strong chest to waist taper

Anyone has any experience with Gustin / Taylor Stitch? I understand they're not in the same class as TFH or IH but then the price is cut in half too. E.g.,

www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-utility-shirts/products/the-utility-shirt-in-heavy-slub-denim

www.weargustin.com/store/4886

On 2/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, JDelage said:

Anyone has any experience with Gustin / Taylor Stitch? I understand they're not in the same class as TFH or IH but then the price is cut in half too. E.g.,

www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-utility-shirts/products/the-utility-shirt-in-heavy-slub-denim

taylor stitch is nice, cant speak on Gustin.  I drop into Taylor Stitch every time Im in the area (Mission in SF) and their shirts are well made. Never owned one however

On 2/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, JDelage said:

@JDelage - somewhere here on SuFu (maybe in the workshirt thread) I posted a Gustin herringbone work shirt. While the Gustin boys are having fun doing what they do, I don't really care for their stuff overall and do not have any of their jeans or button down shirts. Saying that, their work shirts are by far their best made pieces. I'm very impressed with it, and think that it's not-too-far a distant 2nd from the major Japanese brands we discuss here like IH, TFH, Sam, etc. Very good fabric, construction and details. About the only thing I can say that is slightly sub-par to the IH shirts I have is the quality of the thread used for stitching - it doesn't seem to be quite as heavy and does not look as tough and neat after a few washings. Perhaps it's all cotton while IH's is poly core/cotton? Gustin don't run their work shirts too often, but I'd recommend purchasing one if they run a fabric you like. Very good shirt for the price. 

On 2/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, JDelage said:

4 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

taylor stitch is nice, cant speak on Gustin.  I drop into Taylor Stitch every time Im in the area (Mission in SF) and their shirts are well made. Never owned one however

I can second this, Taylor Stitch makes some decent stuff, I have this: https://www.taylorstitch.com/products/maritime-shirt-jacket-in-navy-donegal-lambswool and love it.

No experience with their denim shirts but I'm sure they are pretty nice. 

As for Gustin, I tried one of their shirts years ago and the fit was all over the place, I cannot recommend. 

I just received the Taylor Stitch heavy slub workshirt. It's more a heavy nep to my eyes, but never mind that. So far, I like it.

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-utility-shirts/products/the-utility-shirt-in-heavy-slub-denim

Super-dupper neppy fabric. The fit is trimmer than IH, which works better for me. Here are measurements for my size 40: shoulders: 18.5, p2p: 22.8, length: 29, waist 20.9, sleeve 24.5.

xpost from the Strike Gold thread

Bit of a plug for my Strike Gold workshirt in the marketplace... but this a cool 12oz denim shirt that they did about 4 years ago with contrast cat-eye buttons. Thought I'd throw it on here, don't see tons of shirts round these parts.

strikegold1.jpg