Denim Shirts

nemoulette

^ Epic shirts there. Is number 2 the golden nugget?

This inspired me to get my Dong (Bob) on today (incidentally, I got bored with the nasty white plastic buttons and replaced them with slightly less nasty cheap black ones). here's a chesty with an artfully inserted part finger

22114507929_fba8487cf5_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PBJ Western shirt

I purchased this from Foxy around May 2014.  7 washes.  Sized down and it fits very snug on me.  I did a repair darn and there is a hole forming at the elbow, but besides that the shirt is still in good condition.  I'm surprised that it's a slow fader because I wear it weekly with pretty good wears.  Anyways, I still like the shirt. I probably won't be repairing it and go for the more "worn-in/rocker" look.  

front

Iqf0NeR.jpg

combs 

wt5Oljj.jpg

chest

bQexf6m.jpg

elbows

SBzY0Kc.jpg

elbow closeup with hole

3L8SaRb.jpg

left elbow with darn

q1U2wGH.jpg

back

RwLjeD5.jpg

2p7F0cF.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been looking at denim westerns a lot lately and really want one now , want a used/vintage one though

Anyone interested in selling me a used denim western shirt ?? Any japanese brand with the exception of samurai and iron heart ( to fit a 38 chest )

Been looking at denim westerns a lot lately and really want one now , want a used/vintage one though

Anyone interested in selling me a used denim western shirt ?? Any japanese brand with the exception of samurai and iron heart ( to fit a 38 chest )

Stevenson makes some of the coolest looking traditional denim shirts, probably a bit more actually "western" than the ones IH/FH/Samurai produce.

Does anyone know where I could still get a western denim shirt like these (that's the FH 7005 and WH3001)? I don't like the style with a fancy shoulder yoke.

I know TCB offer a similar style but does anyone else?

5650785105_eb08a568ea.jpg

15th3001_top.jpg

^After offering the sawtooth for so long, LVC I notice made a slant pocket this past year. I know I noticed it in some European stores and maybe a few US stores, but can't find them. At any rate, Pants Shop Avenue has it:

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/LV60504-5200/

If you skip down to page 62 (or something) of this fall/winter lvc 2015 lookbook you'll see something along the lines of the 50s slant pocket (identifiably the same but a bit uglier than others).

http://global.levi.com/LVC/lookbooks/LVC_2015FW_LB_for_download_1.pdf

Spellbound makes (made) one:

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.ca/2011/02/spellbound-6oz-denim-western-long.html

Personally, I prefer the Flathead.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but still related to denim shirts so this is my best bet.

Any recommendations on (affordable) wabash shirts? I know red cloud has one in stock but I prefer the striped ones over the dotted version of red cloud

Edited by greathoudini

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but still related to denim shirts so this is my best bet.

Any recommendations on (affordable) wabash shirts? I know red cloud has one in stock but I prefer the striped ones over the dotted version of red cloud

Houston (check on Rakuten) has some relatively cheap ones.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know where I could still get a western denim shirt like these (that's the FH 7005 and WH3001)? I don't like the style with a fancy shoulder yoke.

I know TCB offer a similar style but does anyone else?

5650785105_eb08a568ea.jpg

15th3001_top.jpg

Bumping this q. Not really interested in Bob Dong or Bronson, and want to see if there's more out there other than that LVC one.

Maynard/brad, any reason to not go for the FH?

TFH is considerably more than most, coming in near $350 cad buying from Japan. 

I've been considering this one from FC for awhile.

http://www.fullcount-online.com/item/4931.html

Also, not sure if it appeals to either of you guys, but I like the modern western from Freenote as well.

Those pockets look like I could carry an ipad around in them, and thinking something raw.

@maynard mind linking me the one you picked up, and how are you liking it?