Denim Shirts

nemoulette

X post from Why no denim shirt topic

Would be nice to see wh

I do not own many denim shirts, but the few I own I cherish and use as often as possible.

The one I have used the most has to be my Nudie Gunnar in dry organic denim.

Fabric: 100% cotton organic denim from Turkey

Weight: 11.5 oz

I shortened the length of the shirt a fair bit.

I love this shirt a lot and it only gets better over time.

I will try to take some more pictures of some of my other shirts that I love, use and abuse and post them here.

Please feel free to do the same :)

Anyhow, here are some photos of the Nudie shirt:

(They have been posted before in the Nudie thread. I hope you do not mind)

2015-07-06 (day 187)

150706_NudieGunnar_M_d187_IMG_6997.jpg

150706_NudieGunnar_M_d187_IMG_7003.jpg

2015-07-09 (day 190)

150709_NudieGunnar_M_d190_IMG_7223_2.jpg

2015-07-11 (day 192)

150711_NudieGunnar_M_d192_IMG_7421.jpg

2015-07-13 (day 194)

150713_NudieGunnar_M_d194_IMG_7514.jpg

2015-07-16 (day 197)

150716_NudieGunnar_M_d197_IMG_7683.jpg

150716_NudieGunnar_M_d197_IMG_7692.jpg

2015-07-26 (day 207)

150726_NudieGunnar_M_d207_IMG_7829_2.jpg

150726_NudieGunnar_M_d207_IMG_7830_2.jpg

I'm planning on wearing my denim shirts so much more this fall.

I have a Mister Freedom Appaloosa which I love, and I just ordered one of the new Iron Heart indigo/indigo denim work shirts.

Nizzle killing it as always.

Nizzel that Nudie shirt is absolutely sick,  Nudie was my first real raw brand so they always hold a special place for me.  Sorry if this was discussed prior but did you seam rip out the back weft?  It seems apparent from the interior but not the exterior.

Thanks for all the comments :)

What seam are you referring to dwilson123?

Broark I am also contemplating buying that IH indigo indigo work shirt.

I am also on the fence of buying the TCB shirt.

:)

To bad that shirts takes quite a while to fade as I am rotating them alot more then I do my jeans. :)

Holio cornolio. My wife has also questioned my shirt collection from time to time (not that I own many shirts) 

When I bought the 76 pictured above she said. "that shirts looks exactly like one or two shirts you got already".

It did not look the same at all. according to me. 

Edited by nizzel55

To bad that shirts takes quite a while to fade as I am rotating them alot more then I do my jeans. :)

Holio cornolio. My wife has also questioned my shirt collection from time to time (not that I own many shirts) 

When I bought the 76 pictured above she said. "that shirts looks exactly like one or two shirts you got already".

I did not tell here 

You should get the IH Indigo/Indigo shirt, it looks outstanding.

I did not tell here 

That's funny. I have a couple of Chambrays and a denim shirt, and even they are all very different, my whole family thinks they are the same shirt!

edit - not sure if this is the place, but can anyone point me in the direction of an indigo or navy blue canvas / duck shirt??

Edited by holio cornolio

https://www.weargustin.com/store/2321

this kind of fits the bill

I picked up a Gustin workshirt in one of their herringbone fabrics later year, and I have to say it's really fantastic. Far better than I ever expected from them. I don't own anything else from them so I can't compare to their other items directly, but the workshirts seem to be done on a different level. If it's to believed that these are made by a Japanese factory that makes shirts for other brands, these are on par re: construction, details, seams, etc. w/ the IH shirts I have. 

May not be everyone's cup-o-tea, but I think for the price they are great and I plan on getting another at some point in the future. Not really interested in anything else from them. 

I love it! Since I previously only had denim jackets to wear during summer/early autumn it havn't gotten as much wear as I would've liked but that will probably change now I've got my duck chorecoat. Now I can wear it whenever I want without having a three layered dark denim tux. :)

I love it! Since I previously only had denim jackets to wear during summer/early autumn it havn't gotten as much wear as I would've liked but that will probably change now I've got my duck chorecoat. Now I can wear it whenever I want without having a three layered dark denim tux. :)

A chore coat must be nice with the FH wabash; I almost can't fit mine into my jackets.  ^_^ 

Mpukas post some pictures comparing please. Would like to see the compairison shots, I might consider it then.

@bradl - here ya' go. Sorry for the delay, haven't been around here much lately... 

This is the Gustin Worskhirt in American herringbone. Non-selvedge. Size L Slim. Compared to my Iron Heart IHSH-33 Black Denim Western shirt. 

20151001_100002_zpsfby2rvbe.jpg

20151001_100020_zpsyajarpvw.jpg

Single button cuff; no gauntlet button (or whatever it's called...) 

20151001_100031_zpsjvh1ajpn.jpg

triple needle seams with obligatory chain stitch run-off

20151001_100203_zps8p4j9mhx.jpg

20151001_100243_zpszkp1br6w.jpg

All major seams are triple needle stitched. Very neatly done. 

20151001_100504_zpsm7hpbcz6.jpg

20151001_100509_zpsvj7dbp1g.jpg

20151001_100940_zpsvzewggge.jpg

20151001_101021_zpsfbfanjw3.jpg

20151001_101214_zps2ucpxcpo.jpg

Fit pics; 

Gustin American Herringbone Workshirt, size L Slim. When I got this shirt I was a bit slimmer; since then I've put on some weight and mass, and I think the regular fit would be better for me, at least across the shoulders and chest. I'ts pretty tight now, and a bit constricting. 

20151001_101815_zpsecmiarz9.jpg

Iron Heart IHSH-33 Black Denim Western shirt size XL. This is my DWC-Tux shirt. 

20151001_102126_zpspu3wu7hy.jpg

Iron Heart IHSH-92 size XL. This shirt runs smaller than the IHSH-33 and is very tight across the chest. I also have the blue one, and it fits exactly the same. 

20151001_102424_zpsqcydcnhp.jpg

The Gustin Workshirt is slightly tighter in the chest and shoulders than the IHSH-33 and just slightly larger than the IHSH-92. The Gustin is slightly longer than both in the body. Sleeve length is similar. The neck on all of these shirts is way too small for me to even button/snap. Sizing shirts is even harder for me than sizing jeans - I need a (typical American) XL in the neck, shoulders and chest, but a (typical American) L in sleeve and body lengths. 

Overall, I think the Gustin Workshirt is very good. I'd buy another, but I get a size L Regular, and look for a selvedge fabric. I have no complaints about this herringbone not being selvedge. it's great - herringbone is probably my favorite fabric pattern. 

I also have a Gustin WS (2, actually).  I was shopping at Blue in Green while wearing it and the girl complimented me on the quality and asked me where I got it.  They are pretty nice shirts.  I would not say they are on IH level, but they are very good. 

The only discernible difference in the stitching is the thread itself; perhaps Gustin uses an all cotton thread, and it's starting to get a little fuzzy. IH may use a poly-cotton thread that is more durable. IH triple needle stitching also uses two colors - two yellow and one brown, whereas Gustin uses three white. Gustin is also a lighter gauge and higher STI than the IH. Otherwise, it's not wonky or shaky at all. 

I'm not trying to defend Gustin, and I'm certainly no IH fanboi - I'm no fanboi of any brand. If anything, I've found a few stitching wonks on my IHSH-33, and none on the Gustin. I can see where it may appear that way in the pics, but it's all dead straight and even. Also take into account that fabric shrunk when washed, and that will have an effect on the appearance of the stitching. 

• 2 weeks later...