2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

I want to say yes but it really depends on the cut. I need a large thigh measurement, around 12.5-13 post soak in a size 32.

13 inches thigh post soak on a size 32? where do you measure the thigh? are there any jeans other than true repro cuts with those measurements? i think my sc 47s and 66s (both size 32) each measure under 13 inches at the thigh and they're considered somewhat generous cuts

13 inches thigh post soak on a size 32? where do you measure the thigh? are there any jeans other than true repro cuts with those measurements? i think my sc 47s and 66s (both size 32) each measure under 13 inches at the thigh and they're considered somewhat generous cuts

If the denim is stf, then I always need a 13" thigh (pre-wash) minimum, measured the BiG way. My following pairs all have 13" (or bigger thighs):

- Full Count 0105 SFS (size 31)

- Full Count 0105XX (31)

- Momotaro 0901 (32)

- Sugar Cane Hawaii (32)

- Sugar Cane slack denim (32)

- SDA 101 (32)

- SDA 001 (31)

- Warehouse 1001 15th (32)

- Warehouse 415 (32)

- plus others I've bought one-washed.

My Ande Whalls are all sanforized and stretch to 13" in the thigh (size 31) and most (if not all) of my LVC have the magic 13"! I've also found that the higher the waist, the slimmer the thigh I can get away with.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

If the denim is stf, then I always need a 13" thigh (pre-wash) minimum, measured the BiG way. My following pairs all have 13" (or bigger thighs):

Many people like roomy thighs too but I think 13" unwashed thigh for 31"-33" waist (so like 12.5" post-soak) would be a bit too big for the common masses.

I recent had a good chat with Danny at Rivet and Hide when I was in London for work.

The word on the QT is that Rivet & Hide are developing a collaboration jean from RJB/TFH in the 3002 cut with a (special?) RJB denim, due for release next year.

They've already had samples and done the back and forth with details and it's all going ahead shortly.

I'm looking forward to this one. The 3002 is a good cut and the RJB fabrics are very nice - don't get enough attention around here or not as much as they deserve.

Roll-up Roll-up.

(I'm posting this without checking with Danny, so let's see if I get a slapped wrist!)

On another note...the Weatern Flannel from Flat Head is perhaps the best shirt or top of any kind I've ever had.

Cheers

Interesting and a potential crossover of ideas going on!

Definitely... except imo what makes this one special is that it's a really interesting denim in a cut that ISN'T slim, like the 3002 and essentially every other pair of jeans that has more "interesting" fabrics. 

As it is with almost every other collaboration I see out there, I'd love to own a pair but that cut would never ever work for me. Making a hybrid 3005/3009 is the beauty of this collab imo... 

- Full Count 0105 SFS (size 32)

- Full Count 0105XX (32)

- Momotaro 0901 (32)

- Sugar Cane Hawaii (32)

- Sugar Cane slack denim (32)

- SDA 101 (32)

- SDA 001 (31)

- Warehouse 1001 15th (32)

- Warehouse 415 (32)

- plus others I've bought one-washed.

My Ande Whalls are all sanforized and stretch to 13" in the thigh (size 31) and most (if not all) of my LVC have the magic 13"! I've also found that the higher the waist, the slimmer the thigh I can get away with.

you (and your 13" thighs) are absolutely correct, thighs on the the most generous repro cuts can get to 13" post-stretch

Edited by ironheartfan123

Again, just letting you guys know that if comfort is reasonably high on your need list I recommend going more for the 3005 silhouette than the 3009, like I've said a lot the taper makes a huge difference. Just something to think about...

Will get the correct poll q's up soon :)

Have to chime in here. To be honest, I think the argument that leg opening majorly affects comfort is silly. Rise and thigh obviously have a much more pronounced effect. The 3009 is not a strongly tapered model. The fact of the matter is that the majority voted 3009, and the hybridization should keep this in mind.

I'm fine with a hybrid cut, but since a few people have mentioned the issue of comfort I thought I'd chime in... As far as I can tell I'm the only one interested in these jeans who has worn both the 3005 and 3009 for about 10 months each, in the same size nonetheless... Just letting everyone know that the 3005 is MUCH more comfortable than the 3009 even at the same waist size (tag and true), this is a result of the taper. Any taper will have an affect on the jeans, and imo since the 3009 is like a 66 cut I feel that the taper is strong. Nothing like the 3012, but that's just a carrot.

If these jeans were made with the 3005 they wouldn't happen, so like I said, I'm cool with the hybrid... I'm just trying to get as much information out there as possible, and for those who really want a slim/tapered cut (not saying the 3009 is one, or that it's even the case here) there are many, many great pairs of denim, and like MF posted Danny is even making the 3002 cut in probably the same RJB denim.

Yessir, just updated :)

Everyone lets remember RJB are picky bastards so it's not like all these options are even necessarily options, BUT I think that they are reasonable so let's see what we come up with, and then we can ask RJB/FH if it's cool. We can go from there...

So everyone, if you're planning on buying the jeans or at least show a good a mount of interest please revote on every question! Hopefully this is the last time I'm remaking the poll!! right now, unless you delete your votes and revote, the poll results are all jacked up. I deleted every question and remade them but it still shows it as if you voted on it, must be a glitch.

Edited by itsbenhere

I'm fine with a hybrid cut, but since a few people have mentioned the issue of comfort I thought I'd chime in... As far as I can tell I'm the only one interested in these jeans who has worn both the 3005 and 3009 for about 10 months each, in the same size nonetheless... Just letting everyone know that the 3005 is MUCH more comfortable than the 3009 even at the same waist size (tag and true), this is a result of the taper. Any taper will have an affect on the jeans, and imo since the 3009 is like a 66 cut I feel that the taper is strong. Nothing like the 3012, but that's just a carrot.

If these jeans were made with the 3005 they wouldn't happen, so like I said, I'm cool with the hybrid... I'm just trying to get as much information out there as possible, and for those who really want a slim/tapered cut (not saying the 3009 is one, or that it's even the case here) there are many, many great pairs of denim, and like MF posted Danny is even making the 3002 cut in probably the same RJB denim.

As you say in a previous post I don't see much crossover with our own collaboration. We are having a new slim tapered fit designed for our RJB collaboration and it is based on TFH 3002 cut and stripped back to a minimalist indigo arcuate design. This is due February (roughly).

It's good to see so much interest in the RJB denim and support for a straight fit. The majority of our customers at present favour a slim cut and due to the numbers and costs involved with a collab I needed to choose a fit that would work for us. I think this collaboration with Signet will be awesome and can't wait to see the end result on those of you signing up for it.

Have to chime in here. To be honest, I think the argument that leg opening majorly affects comfort is silly. 

i think itsbenhere probably meant the 3009 has a smaller knee measurement than the 3005, resulting in a less comfortable fit for the 3009... i have the 3009 but have only tried on the 3005 and while the top block does indeed feel the same, the knee feels a bit looser on the 3005 (i haven't worn the 3005 long enough myself to see if there's a difference in comfort b/c of that for me)...the leg opening though, yeah i don't think that usually affects comfort much either unless it's tight on your ankle or you feel uncomfortable looking like a carrot  :)

Edited by ironheartfan123

It's weird Ben, my 3005 are really uncomfortable compared to slimmer cuts like eternal 811 or Sam 500. It might be the hips or rise or something, but I swear I've measured them all and they aren't exteremly different in the top block.

Possibly due to the rise. On paper the thigh and waist measurements on my F350s were fine but ultimately I think the low-ish (for me) rise meant that they weren't roomy enough for my liking.