Vinneus

Hi Guys,

Need a quick help from you guys. I have won an auction on this pair.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/r140144467

Won the item in question and from my research, it seem like a fake pair of visvim.

Could anyone help me ID this pair and let me know? I have base this and another pair i have seen on another website 

http://world.taobao.com/item/6989594304.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.DYwBbZ#detail

The zip seem totally different at all. This make me think the pair i won might be fake but would need more help in ID it.

Thanks for the help!

when im not wrong it*s the same with the mastermind fbt*s, there is a mastermind-version and a fil version, the difference is the zipper.

Surprised you haven't gotten hate for posting this here yet.. anyways I wouldn't just assume they are fake because some random guy says definitely fake after looking at a few pictures and go opening up a paypal claim. Only thing that looks suspect to me is the dullness of the leather (actually looks almost like black suede on my phone), but I assume thats just the lighting. Other then that I don't see what the problem is. If you've already won them wait till you have them in hand to help decide. Might save a legit seller a big headache. Take it from some random guy.

If you go true to size and don't have an Asiatic body then you won't be able to button the jacket. I sized up and while it was maybe a tad bigger than ideal, I could wear more than a t-shirt underneath (buttondown, for example)  

thanks for the input guys

not gonna take the risk without being able to try on

I'm slim, but need a relatively roomy chest measurement due to my lats and a decent armhole size as well

size 2s I'm seeing as a 47cm chest measurement and that's no good, that's smaller than my older season size 1 101 jackets without the lining to consider

Edited by Planetarium

Surprised you haven't gotten hate for posting this here yet.. anyways I wouldn't just assume they are fake because some random guy says definitely fake after looking at a few pictures and go opening up a paypal claim. Only thing that looks suspect to me is the dullness of the leather (actually looks almost like black suede on my phone), but I assume thats just the lighting. Other then that I don't see what the problem is. If you've already won them wait till you have them in hand to help decide. Might save a legit seller a big headache. Take it from some random guy.

Fake or not, it's no headache whatsoever for the seller.  They got their money via bank transfer from the proxy and there's no 'buyer protection' on YJP so they're in the clear.  However, it'll be one hell of a headache for the proxy who simply did their job of helping to facilitate/forward the purchase of the requested item.  They are the one who will be out of pocket nearly $500 should a claim be successfully filed/won.  

That said, if you don't know how to spot fakes, I'd suggest one of two things:

1.  Buy direct from FIL, a stockist, or a reputable reseller.

2.  Ask your proxy if it's possible that they can get a refund for you.  If the answer is 'no,' perhaps it's best to assume responsibility for the purchase and consider it a lesson learned for the future.

(Not directed at you, Farmer.  But rather at the original poster and anyone else who has/may have issues with fakes on YJP via proxies)

Edited by fpar

Thank you, will be taking this as a lesson learn 

This is the first time i encounter issues like this while using a proxy. Never expect YJP to have fakes from taobao ...

Fake or not, it's no headache whatsoever for the seller.  They got their money via bank transfer from the proxy and there's no 'buyer protection' on YJP so they're in the clear.  However, it'll be one hell of a headache for the proxy who simply did their job of helping to facilitate/forward the purchase of the requested item.  They are the one who will be out of pocket nearly $500 should a claim be successfully filed/won.  

That said, if you don't know how to spot fakes, I'd suggest one of two things:

1.  Buy direct from FIL, a stockist, or a reputable reseller.

2.  Ask your proxy if it's possible that they can get a refund for you.  If the answer is 'no,' perhaps it's best to assume responsibility for the purchase and consider it a lesson learned for the future.

(Not directed at you, Farmer.  But rather at the original poster and anyone else who has/may have issues with fakes on YJP via proxies)

Edited by mmjskulls

Thanks !  Yes it is a 4, I consider myself slim but not Asian slim at least at torso, hence why I had to size up. 

I am quite surprised by how roomy yours looks like, it fits you perfect ! No way I could button a size 3, even with just a Tshirt underneath.

Edited by emixam

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a price point for the SMOKY HILLS COAT NATIVE BLANKET (N.D.) *VISVIM STORE EXCLUSIVE from the lookbook? Cool piece. Thanks!

edit: also into the cotton/linen border tunic and the sketch vintage crew

Edited by spencejo

Has anyone here experience with resoling Brigadier boots? Also does anyone know where to source dainite studded soles?

Dainite sole is a regular two piece. Any cobbler will have nails required to nail the heel in at the tap location. If you are referring to sole samples I think there is a distributer in the UK and NYC, info is on Dainite site. FIL will also do resole if you send them the boots, you can probably call the main location or email and get more details. 

Is this AW16?

Dope.

VISVIM%202016_zpsr048mtjx.jpg

Fall 2015aw. Jacket is called Flying Ace Patchwork which if I recall correctly was 158,000jpy pre-tax. The piece of white fabric on left arm and grey fabric on right arm are Gara-bou (Throstle-spun yarn) which is basically super labor intensive and slubby. More detail here: http://www.visvim.tv/dissertations/product_introspection_gara-bou.html

Edited by Fycus

Dainite sole is a regular two piece. Any cobbler will have nails required to nail the heel in at the tap location. If you are referring to sole samples I think there is a distributer in the UK and NYC, info is on Dainite site. FIL will also do resole if you send them the boots, you can probably call the main location or email and get more details. 

Fall 2015aw. Jacket is called Flying Ace Patchwork which if I recall correctly was 158,000jpy pre-tax. The piece of white fabric on left arm and grey fabric on right arm are Gara-bou (Throstle-spun yarn) which is basically super labor intensive and slubby. More detail here: http://www.visvim.tv/dissertations/product_introspection_gara-bou.html

I can fuckin' appreciate the shit out of this.  Glad to see some of this old hardware is still being used and maintained. Much appreciation to vis-heads who keep this stuff alive.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some advise guys..

I'm a size US11.5 on vans.

Should I get an 11 or 12 for the Grizzly Mid Folk SS16?

Thanks in advance :)

I wear a size 11 or 11.5 in Vans SK8-Hi's.  Usually a 11.5 when they have the PU style footbed Vans Vault versions).  With that I have two pairs of Grizzly boots.  One all leather FIL exclusive pair in a size 10.5 and then a suede and denim pair in size 11.  Both work for me.  I tend to wear thinner socks with the 10.5's and thicker socks with the 11's.  So I think the 11's would work for you.  I will say I was surprised that the Grizzly boot has a fairly tight fit.  The boot looks bulky but does not fit that way.  If you have a wide foot shape then you may want to size up to the 12.  In other Visvim footwear I normally wear size 11 including FBT's, Serra boots and Virgil boots.  In the Patrician boot I have a pair of 10.5's and 11's.  I hope this helps.

I wear a size 11 or 11.5 in Vans SK8-Hi's.  Usually a 11.5 when they have the PU style footbed Vans Vault versions).  With that I have two pairs of Grizzly boots.  One all leather FIL exclusive pair in a size 10.5 and then a suede and denim pair in size 11.  Both work for me.  I tend to wear thinner socks with the 10.5's and thicker socks with the 11's.  So I think the 11's would work for you.  I will say I was surprised that the Grizzly boot has a fairly tight fit.  The boot looks bulky but does not fit that way.  If you have a wide foot shape then you may want to size up to the 12.  In other Visvim footwear I normally wear size 11 including FBT's, Serra boots and Virgil boots.  In the Patrician boot I have a pair of 10.5's and 11's.  I hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice bro...  :happy:

I am also 11.5 D true size.

I have the grizzly 12AW and the grizzly mid 16SS, both are size 11. I wear them sockless. the fit, the are somewhat snug, as gazeboarder said, i didnt expect them to be snug as the silhouette are bit bulky.

if you have wider foot E and wider, go upsize to 12.

• 2 weeks later...