There are a couple of dated threads on DC but I figured I'd start a new one as the most recent one is like 3 years old.

Looking for clothing in DC, specifically Georgetown I live close, but avoid that place like the plague but I have to go on business. Open to suggestions for food and clothing spots to check out.

tysons corner

^this

tysons 1 has a whole new upper level plaza with a shakeshack which is nice.

tysons 2/galleria is great for luxury (prada, slp, edmonds) but mediocre restaurants tho unless you into cheesecake factory

(i'm assuming you know this if you live in bmore but information for others doesn't hurt)

some good food in nova worth taking the 15min drive to:

+ taco bamba in falls church - serves great beef tongue tacos, delicious combinations (they have good elote too)

+ osaka springfield - great sushi, i haven't been any other place in nova that serves chutoro/otoro nigiri, but i don't eat much sushi here.

dc food:

+ momiji sushi restaurant on H street nw is (so) delicious, nice staff from my exp

+ georgia browns for southern food, fried chicken (i highly, highly, recommend)

+ pizza paradiso has very nice "artisan?" pizza, but only go if you're visiting m street

dc is shit for unique clothing (subjective). it's almost pathetic. especially gtown. maybe someone else can recommend

only other thing i could say is if you're shopping around georgetown, boconcepts furniture is fun to check out.

(accidentally gave this 1 star on mobile, my bad)

Edited by uizm

if you want chipotle go to the one in union station. they give you the biggest portion

Arc'teryx on H and 15th is good, federal on 14th between n and Florida, and commonwealth is right up there street both have good shit too, santa Maria novella up on Wisconsin if you want to smell pretty, there's a bunch of other stuff around there as well. Not sure what's in Arlington anymore, they used to have a denim bar and some other decent menswear shop I forget the name of it though.

There's a Barney's CO-OP in Georgetown.  Redeem is on 14th, and they have a small showcase from Mutiny (who doesn't have an independent storefront, so viewing their stuff is by appointment only at this time).  Also on 14th is Federal.  If you're going to be in that area, then you may as well hit up Commonwealth.

Izakaya Seki is right next door to Tacos El Chilango, but I'm a sucker for the chivito at Fast Gourmet just a few blocks away.  If you can't book a table in advance, bar space at Red Hen can be had with a bit of patience (try "orange" wine).  Really, though, you should go to DCity Smokehouse and get the Meaty Palmer sandwich.

• 4 weeks later...

Maketto as mentioned by shoreman above is legit. Good coffee, mags, pho, youtiao, and SUFU approved cluthing. Go buy your Cav Empt there I guess.