Rick Owens mens S/S 16 - Paris

bill

Not a fan of the Miss Universe sashes that Rick loves to litter his SS collections with, but the combat boots look great and are pretty well styled. Love the head pieces as well, anyone know what they're composed of?

They were just wigs (or headpieces made from hair). During the show, i was hoping the hairstylists had teased and styled the hair of those models to create that 'hairstyle' (the connotations of this act would've been quite similar as shaving half of the head of his models) but seeing the wigs after, on tables, confirmed the fact they were mere headpieces.

The draping (or excess of fabrics and 'sashes') were based on Steven Parrino's art (and also reminded me of Helmut's dragonflies collection).

It was a perfect summer collection from someone who's collections for the warmer months aren't his best.

And the translucent water snake garments made me loose my mind. I want him to make some samurai coat in translucent stingray.

She is the German chancellor, the model is German. She also advocated against the bailout of Greece. The model wrote that sign himself and wore it out unannounced, was punched in the face by owens (lol) upon exiting the stage and his contract was terminated. His only job for the last 7 years or something was runway for Rick Owens, he apparently was too lazy to do anything else and even showed up to rick castings late. I also think he was one of ricks muses so essentially a sex slave. 

• 4 weeks later...

It was just ok. Some really good pieces, some really bland ones. Even if I don't like one R.O. Garment or another, bland is not a common adjective I'd use, and that's why I thought it was disappointing.