ecsong187

W. H. Ranch Dungarees

3 hours ago, mpukas said:

Are you referring to my jeans I'm trying to sell? They are not custom made for me, I bought them at a store. They were from a small run that WHR did just for that store. 

If you're referring to someone hypothetical who had WHR make a custom pair, then I agree, resale on custom made-to-measure anything will be low. 

When I purchased mine, 2013 or 2014, I was asked for measurements. Same story for when I ordered my jacket, all custom measurements to get the best fit.

I was referencing the reason for the overall lower resale, rather than yours specifically. I apologize for lumping yours in.

2 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

If I were you i'd just chuck them up on ebay with a lower BIN and see if anyone bites. You'll take a loss but at least you'd recoup some of your money back.

Why put a low BIN? Just start the auction at $1 and advertise it on IG. 

59 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Why put a low BIN? Just start the auction at $1 and advertise it on IG. 

That’s assuming he has a lot of followers on IG. Lots of scammers on eBay too, so doing a BIN guarantees payment 

Thanks for the insight guys. I know myself after trying to move a few denim blunders of my own that the 2nd hand market for used jeans is pretty weak. I just thought the massive wait time for these might negate that. although I did overlook the whole custom made aspect. 

It's been my experience on eBay that a BIN price works better than an auction, as so many people don't follow through with their bids. Starting it at a $1 also runs the risk that you may actually only sell it for a fraction of what you wanted. 

@mpukas Hope you manage to sell your pair and recoup some of your cash.

I'm realizing the 2nd hand denim market has gone soft. I haven't been in this game as long as some folks here, but it wasn't that long ago that I was able to move several different brand's pairs for a decent price. I have IH, TFH, TSG and Tanuki - all quality pairs, brand-new or like-new - that I'm trying move with little interest

I'm only willing to go so low before it's not worth it to me to sell them. I now know I won't get close to what I paid for them, but I'd rather keep them in my meager collection than sell them super cheap. I'm not trying to get rid of them just to get rid of them.