W. H. Ranch Dungarees

shredwin_206

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Yea I know someone who is waiting over 5 years. They’ve given up at this point and just calling it a loss. 

There should be a subreddit section made dedicated to those who have waited 2 years or more for their jeans from WH.  That would be both interesting and depressing to read.

#2yearormorewaitondenim

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Sorry but that guy has no spine. What a joke, almost worst than Lawless. 

He is worse than Lawless. At least People got refunds from Lawless but WH Ranch continues to fleece customers. The sad part is that customers continue to give him money and defend the guy. It’s quite the Ponzi scheme he’s got going on. Most companies would hire additional help if demand exceeds supply, but this guy keeps BSing everyone by saying he’s a one man brand. Nope. Ande Whall made denim himself and so does Eleven Wolves denim (among others). He’s got a huge set of balls to be posting on IG all the time. 

30 minutes ago, Broark said:

And now he’s pimping new shirts or something, good luck getting those in the next 10 years. :rolleyes:

Who exactly is his market for there to be a demand of shirts made by him?  Japan?  Europe?  It definitely isn't America because I haven't seen any of his denim carried online besides his webstore.  

The black bear collab was interesting. When I asked about it. They said it’s a collab but still the standard order process through Ryan. 

I assumed they had the product in stock but that wasn’t the case. 

I’m not sure his target market. Used to be rancher and cowboy but now he’s making top gun jackets and an option for pre distressed denim. He calls it Couture western wear  

I really don’t know who buys his stuff to keep him in business. I only see one guy post his stuff lately and his bio says he is sponsored by WH Ranch. Maybe he just has tons of orders paid in full and backed up? 

1 hour ago, mlwdp said:

Who exactly is his market for there to be a demand of shirts made by him?  Japan?  Europe?  It definitely isn't America because I haven't seen any of his denim carried online besides his webstore.  

Evan at Hudson Hill is good friends with Ryan. They carried his RTW jeans. 

Shop Canoe Club carried his 1936 cut

Don’t think either carry his stuff now 

Yeah, ever since I left Greensboro, moved to Charlotte, then Virginia, I have no idea if Hudson still carries WH as I haven't been there in over a year now..  I could of sworn Hudson's carried it on their site.  I miss Greensboro.

37 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

The black bear collab was interesting. When I asked about it. They said it’s a collab but still the standard order process through Ryan. 

I assumed they had the product in stock but that wasn’t the case. 

This sounds very shady so you may have dodged a bullet if you were on the fence on buying them.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:15 AM, ecsong187 said:

Evan at Hudson Hill is good friends with Ryan. They carried his RTW jeans. 

Shop Canoe Club carried his 1936 cut

Don’t think either carry his stuff now 

The store carried work wasn't made by Ryan, it was outsourced to a facility in LA i believe. To my knowledge he never got round to doing more of the 'ready to wear' collection, but i'm guessing if he's doing offering shirts they'll be 'rtw'.

When i ordered from him it was late 2014 i think, my order was a complete custom cut, and i think the wait was about 9mths. I didn't mind at the time, but 5yrs just sounds like he's forgotten or lost the order. I'm assuming these 5yr folk have been in touch and had responses?

On 9/23/2019 at 7:06 PM, Broark said:

Don’t like the dude and wouldn’t give him a penny but this is a nice sawstooth. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2xoLJlHJkN/?igshid=bq5xe42a5hbk

$395

He started advertising $400 shirts today, with a promise that a pre-order batch of 10 will be done by New Year's Day, 2020.

That's real classy, seeing how he has people out there waiting who paid over five years ago.

A8DA9CF7-DAD0-410A-A766-668C47EF960E.thumb.png.c9136033c308f2cf6e5a62eebe6697c6.png

CEA1A8CD-D83E-480B-9EB8-9AB8CB0D7DE9.thumb.png.438a6fb941c0cad4a28427b3956a8e07.png

$395 for delivery by 1/31/3020.

If you like the shirt, with the guaranteed delivery date go for it. He is a craftsman, his craftsmanship on his heritage line is second-to-none.

I’m a critic of his previous wait times, not at all of the finished product. That said, I don’t own a cowboy hat, or boots, and from his beginnings that has been his target demographic.