W. H. Ranch Dungarees

shredwin_206

25 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

I’ve talked with Black Bear since they’re local to me. 

They said it’s still just like ordering through Ryan. They don’t have any stock on hand. So I would imagine a 3-3.5 year wait. Hahaha 

No point in getting on the waitlist for a restock if it's like that.  It's a you snooze you lose scenario.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, mlwdp said:

No point in getting on the waitlist for a restock if it's like that.  It's a you snooze you lose scenario.

it certainly looks like a lose - lose kind of scenario from a customer's perspective...

5 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I love this thread so much!

Those are some nice jeans.

Too bad he's a jerk.

Too bad he's a jerk.

Too bad he's a jerk.

aaaaand repeat...

I'm not sure it's quite that simple, but I take your point.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

Well obviously it was some form of hyperbole :D

Well, seeing how he hasn't really expanded his collection or collabs minus the Black Bear Brand Denim, it says a lot about his brand.  Not saying he needs to work with others though.   

I just wonder if the customers who did the instore measurements for a pair when he was doing his tour of shops about 3-4 years ago actually got their orders.

We did. Around that time he wasn’t as well known as he is now. I think the wait was maybe 1.5 years. Not the current 3-4 year wait now 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 5:24 AM, ecsong187 said:

Anyone ever get their order? 

Nope. He's too busy pretending he's a gay model on Instagram to actually make our jeans.

I would contact everyone who never received their jeans and make a list with as much detail and evidence as possible and present to the relevant authorities in his state. The more you can prove there is a pattern of fraud and the higher the dollar amount involved, the more they will take notice. They would probably dismiss one complaint about a $400 pair of jeans, however, 20 pairs or more gets harder to ignore. 

he seemed to have been concerned about being bad mouth'ed a couple of years ago over at DB - at the same time he was talking about how the big 3rd denim company and their lawyers were trying to come after him with a letter over something and how he told them to stick it somewhere...

I have some questions, just to get some compiled information here.

1. Who here has ever placed order with Ryan?

2. If you have received the jeans, what were the order and completion dates?

3. Those who have an open order, what was/were your order date/s?

4. Those who have an open order, would you take a refund if you could get it, or do you just think, ah, what the hell at this point, and want to stick it out and wait for your jeans?

5. Have any of you requested a refund from Ryan? What was his response?

6. Have you requested a refund through PayPal or your credit or debit card companies? What was their response?

7. Have your e-mails to Ryan been responded to in a timely manner? And have the exchanges been cordial?

8. Would you want to involve his local authorities my making a group complaint as suggested above?

9. Did you ask for a written estimate of completion time from Ryan when you ordered your jeans? If so, what was his response, to the word (an actual quote)?

------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of this Internet unrest might go away or be quelled if Ryan simply published an online queue showing how many orders were already in line, what the order dates were, and what the shipping dates were. No customer info required, no order details required other than a list of orders, with order date and ship date on each one. If people see 200 orders ahead of them on the Website, and that he seems to be averaging three or four years for fulfillment, then at least they'll know what they're in for. The real problem here is not so much the lead time as it is the purposeful vaguery and finely crafted avoidances of explicitly stated commitments.

Edited by 428CJ

Dude, file a complaint with the attorney general’s office in his state. If you haven’t received anything in 2 yrs your money is as good as gone. I went through the exact same BS when Lawless Denim took everyone for a ride, but I at least got my money back after the Arizona AG got involved. Took almost 2 yrs to see that refund too. 

^ If that's addressed at me, it's not needed to do that at this point. I'm not after my money, or after frying anybody just yet. I am simply after information that might benefit everyone if pooled.

5 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Dude, file a complaint with the attorney general’s office in his state. If you haven’t received anything in 2 yrs your money is as good as gone. I went through the exact same BS when Lawless Denim took everyone for a ride, but I at least got my money back after the Arizona AG got involved. Took almost 2 yrs to see that refund too. 

I think I was very lucky to get my lawless order 2xjeans and a jacket , it's a shame they went the way of the dodo because they were are great jeans , I wore one pair till they were ripped to shreds .

however I got ripped by the Soso bros and they are still in business and won't answer mails , jokes on them though as I travel a lot and I'll visit their store and get my jeans with interest .

Anyway I'd visit him and educate him street style !