W. H. Ranch Dungarees

shredwin_206

my guess is that the selvedge side is flat and stays down after being pressed open - the non-selvedge side has cut-open picks (weft yarns) that will only swell in diameter with washing and un-twisting and, therefore, is less likely to stay pressed-open...

also the selvedge side forms a rigid, closed line with tension - the open side has no tension (other than the next next couple of warp yarns) and can be extended and stretched.

Edited by Foxy2

I really wonder what accounts for different people's experiences with customer service, i.e. contact with Ryan. People report being completely ignored by him. But every time I have contacted him, he has got back to me very quickly. I asked today for a 12 month update, and he responded within an hour. 

4 hours ago, 428CJ said:

I really wonder what accounts for different people's experiences with customer service, i.e. contact with Ryan. People report being completely ignored by him. But every time I have contacted him, he has got back to me very quickly. I asked today for a 12 month update, and he responded within an hour. 

Maybe how you approach it? Or just caught him on a good day. If the subject line of your email is “Where are my jeans motherfucker!!??!!” he may not open it right away. :laugh:

Edited by Unnmd

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think there is a certain irony to being pleased about receiving a rapid response to an enquiry on a 1-year wait for a pair of jeans.

I don't know where you get "pleasure" from. I reported that I got a quick response, while others have reported otherwise. No more; no less.

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think there is a certain irony to being pleased about receiving a rapid response to an enquiry on a 1-year wait for a pair of jeans.

I compare this long term wait to Tesla orders.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 10:00 PM, ecsong187 said:

It’s 2019. Who else is still waiting like me? 

Seems he’s been quiet on social media. Maybe he’s busy making orders?? 

I have my two year order anniversary this month. Has anyone gotten their jeans recently? What was the total wait?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, ecsong187 said:

Seems he’s been quiet on social media. Maybe he’s busy making orders?? 

He's had a couple of posts recently after a brief hiatus... 

It pays to be local to him.  I'd be hesitant to buy custom denim from out of state if I was ordering.  I need to see it first hand and get accurate measurements.

Three years ago, Ryan was doing a WH tour at Denim shops.  That's as close as you can get with seeing him in person if you don't live near him.

10 minutes ago, Broark said:

Can’t believe anyone’s still giving this chump money. Guess I’m one of those “keyboard cowboys” he’s always going on about. :D

Ask him to post here or Reddit to set the record straight.

9 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

It’s Lawless Denim all over again 

9E172B34-E67A-41C5-B200-A1DD3F6BC837.gif

Lawless actually took money and closed up shop with their orders still needing to be filled, including lawsuits.  I don't see WH going out of business.

21 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Ask him to post here or Reddit to set the record straight.

I doubt it would really accomplish much given his hostilities in the past. I just think the whole thing is kinda phony.

3 minutes ago, Broark said:

I doubt it would really accomplish much given his hostilities in the past. I just think the whole thing is kinda phony.

He could at least address it on Instagram or Facebook.

Which reminds me, I haven't heard much on his collab with Black Bear Brand.

That’s true, I just think its a side hustle to him and that’s what’s kinda phony about it to me. Like it seems like such a flippant approach to ask for a shit ton of money for a pair of jeans and not even give your customer a timeframe. But miraculously if you pay even more money you can jump up to the front of the queue. How convenient!

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Lawless actually took money and closed up shop with their orders still needing to be filled, including lawsuits.  I don't see WH going out of business.

WH is doing the same thing essentially. If people start filing complaints with the AG's office he'll definitely know about it. I mean, he keeps posting sad trombone face pics on his IG account complaining about paying customers that are complaining about not getting their stuff. Not very professional imho.

He seems to like talking about how quality takes time and that he's a one man operation. Ande Whall was a one man brand that did everything and in a timely fashion. The difference being that Ande took a sensible business approach to orders. He'd get a roll, make a limited number of denim from that roll and then get his jeans to customers. WH seems to make false promises and then has the audacity to take pot shots at customers that have been waiting a long time for product. If he can't deliver product then he shouldn't be in business. It's a Ponzi scheme. It's only a matter of time before sh*t hits the fan and he closes up shop.

5 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

WH is doing the same thing essentially. If people start filing complaints with the AG's office he'll definitely know about it. I mean, he keeps posting sad trombone face pics on his IG account complaining about paying customers that are complaining about not getting their stuff. Not very professional imho.

He seems to like talking about how quality takes time and that he's a one man operation. Ande Whall was a one man brand that did everything and in a timely fashion. The difference being that Ande took a sensible business approach to orders. He'd get a roll, make a limited number of denim from that roll and then get his jeans to customers. WH seems to make false promises and then has the audacity to take pot shots at customers that have been waiting a long time for product. If he can't deliver product then he shouldn't be in business. It's a Ponzi scheme. It's only a matter of time before sh*t hits the fan and he closes up shop.

He's the Madoff of denim.......expect he isn't filthy rich......or is he???:ph34r2:

4 minutes ago, Unnmd said:

He's the Madoff of denim.......expect he isn't filthy rich......or is he???:ph34r2:

I don't know if he's filthy rich or not but after checking out his Instagram page just now, he sure does fancy himself a lot, I mean like even for Instagram standards of vanity, he seems to see himself as the reincarnation of Dwight Yoakam, without realizing that Dwight Yoakam is still alive.

10 minutes ago, 501XX4EVER said:

I don't know if he's filthy rich or not but after checking out his Instagram page just now, he sure does fancy himself a lot, I mean like even for Instagram standards of vanity, he seems to see himself as the reincarnation of Dwight Yoakam, without realizing that Dwight Yoakam is still alive.

I have never looked, but I'm guessing it is a dumpster fire. Let me guess.....lots of cowboy hats, music lyrics, pictures of people he wishes he could be, and 90% of him "deep in thought"?

12 minutes ago, Unnmd said:

I have never looked, but I'm guessing it is a dumpster fire. Let me guess.....lots of cowboy hats, music lyrics, pictures of people he wishes he could be, and 90% of him "deep in thought"?

Are you sure you've never looked?(said in a cliched sitcom type character voice):D:D:D