W. H. Ranch Dungarees

shredwin_206

Hi all.  Just got these 1960 steer Ryder prototypes from Ryan.  Can I get a fit check comment.  Trying to embrace the loose fit bit the thighs feel huge.   I have not soaked but Ryan says minimal shrinkage     Thanks 

248F2334-FB74-46CB-B4EE-6E1CA1731B1E.jpeg

6F7B2567-E122-4175-99AB-4912FC35366E.jpeg

BD3CD420-AE5E-44F6-875A-0DF1DF2AE739.jpeg

B303651A-3C01-4940-BE24-F9765AE46CFC.jpeg

Edited by kbuzz

Most of his cuts have bigger thighs than other brands. So they can look loose. 

But yea I’d say the pair you have is too big for sure. The 1960 is supposed to be a slim fit 

Maynard/ecsong.  Thanks so much for the candid reply.   I think I’ll try and get ahold of Ryan on IG and see if he will consider an exchange — maybe a RTW 1901-   he’s tough to get ahold of so who knows.....I may have to sell em....

Construction, fabric and denim are world class ....despite the fit 

Edited by kbuzz

@kbuzz - I agree w/ Maynard & ecsong. They are too big. I also 2nd what ecsong said about the thighs being bigger than other brands too. I pickled up my 1960 SR size from Conoe Club in Boulder when they had a couple pairs in stock. Ryan told them to have customers size up 1. I tried the 35 they had, and they were too big, so I got the 34. I could really use a 33 since I've dropped some weight... Are those the 36's he posted on IG recently? If so I bet you could size down 2 and the waist would stretch out to be fine. 

Thanks mpukas.  Yes these were the pair on IG.....always a bit of a guess with denim but even though the size of this pair is consistent with what Ryan told me, they are just plain big all over.....kinda of a pretty big fail....

id like to try and work something out with Ryan ...but he’s tough to get a hold of ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I work commercial construction. 

The chemicals and shit that gets in my jeans is gnarly. 

I wash every couple weeks. 

Machine wash. Soaks are pointless and don’t actually get the grime out. 

podcast interview w/ Ryan. 

https://player.fm/series/integrate-ignite-podcast/episode-202-the-romance-of-the-brand-with-ryan-martin-of-wh-ranch-dungarees 

I didn't know his brand is actually W. H. Ranch. Dungarees. ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...

We can all do the math. The monies collected up front were spent long ago.

If new sales dry up, what is the motivation or ability to meet already paid for orders?

Hell, the storage cost for two years worth of orders must be huge. Denim, thread buttons, etc... Moving it all from Colorado to Kansas must have also been expensive.

The thing that gets me, is that after I placed my jacket order, he advertised two of the exact same jackets on IG for instant sale, and at lower prices than what I paid, with very similar measurements to my order. Why not offer to a customer that has already paid? Unless you need the cash...

22 minutes ago, ShootThePier said:

We can all do the math. The monies collected up front were spent long ago.

If new sales dry up, what is the motivation or ability to meet already paid for orders?

Hell, the storage cost for two years worth of orders must be huge. Denim, thread buttons, etc... Moving it all from Colorado to Kansas must have also been expensive.

The thing that gets me, is that after I placed my jacket order, he advertised two of the exact same jackets on IG for instant sale, and at lower prices than what I paid, with very similar measurements to my order. Why not offer to a customer that has already paid? Unless you need the cash...

To be fair. I ordered from WH Ranch because the product is great, not because of customer service.

if the jacket is as great as my jeans, I’ll be one smiling, well dressed mofo!