W. H. Ranch Dungarees

shredwin_206

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Current wait is closer to two years. I know many waiting 2-2.5 years now. 

2-2.5 years is crazy. Weight can be gained/lost. All sorts of variables. Job/style can change, economies can fail, Denim lots can get ruined, Cone Mills can close factories, etc...

4 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Current wait is closer to two years. I know many waiting 2-2.5 years now. 

This makes no sense. How does Konaka-San from CSF run a store and pump out jeans to customers in less than a month most of the time?

Yea who knows. 

Many people waiting have said their emails and messages get ignored when inquiring on where their jeans are. Haha 

On 05/05/2018 at 3:25 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

This makes no sense. How does Konaka-San from CSF run a store and pump out jeans to customers in less than a month most of the time?

konaka-san is prob a workaholic, working more than 10 hours a day

Keep in mind that denim is a side gig for Ryan. 

He has a full time job and a family and makes jeans on top of that. 

Not defending the long wait but that does effect how many pairs he can make. 

I did hear he finally capped his order list. 

Usually he takes about 200 orders a year. He will now only take 75. Who knows how long his list is currently though 

He's been fairly active on his IG during the past several weeks.Talking about releasing two new jeans cuts and a new jacket. Lots of pics of his ranching buddies wearing his new duds. He's obviously talented and passionate. IMO he needs to focus on his customers and deliver on his word.

12 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Keep in mind that denim is a side gig for Ryan. 

He has a full time job and a family and makes jeans on top of that. 

Not defending the long wait but that does effect how many pairs he can make. 

I did hear he finally capped his order list. 

Usually he takes about 200 orders a year. He will now only take 75. Who knows how long his list is currently though 

Thank you for sharing this. I don’t like finding out this information secondhand.

On the website, there is an opportunity to share this, but it seems intentionally ignored.

From the website faqs:

Where the $#@% are my jeans?!! 

Heritage Collection hand made jeans are meticulously crafted by founder and sixth generation sewer Ryan Martin.  Due to the         tedious nature of the construction and utmost attention to detail, only one pair can be made per working day.  Because several orders can come in a day, among other logistical factors, the lead time is fluid and changing almost by the hour.  Posted lead times were not meant to be taken as Gospel, only a very rough gauge of the current work load.  If waiting patiently ain't your thing, feel free to browse the Ready to Wear Collection for goods available to ship immediately or feel free to pay a few bucks more have have them made guaranteed in 4 weeks or less.  This will be explained in more detail during the initial consultation

sensitive topic...

my 2 cents:
I question the business model once you approach (or exceed) a 12 month production backlog. at timelines like these, any funds should not be drawn, but secured and locked - everything exceeding 6-9 month should be put on a wait list.
given the option of a rush job, he should consider switching over completely to ready-to-wear and only rush job custom order - that would certainly be fair and more transparent and might save him some written abuse.

I read repeatedly, that he can only produce 200 pairs year - that is less than a pair each working day or 4 pairs each weekend - that in itself doesn't sound like much sweat, even in addition to a regular a full-time job. So, I'm sure those 200 pairs are probably in addition to his ready-to-wear batches, small batches for stores (it seems less of these are available lately), sampling for buddies and photo shoots. not sure if that includes his rush job program, though...

Ultimately, I would be preparing for the worst when ordering a pair and I can't fault him for misleading potential customers as he is very upfront about it.

Edited by Foxy2

As I and @ecsong187 mentioned before, Ryan does have some other commitments besides this...

Personally, I've always thought it was risky to have custom made denim.  Between wait times, weight gain/loss, and the unfortunate "Where the !,&?! are my jeans!", I wouldn't want to go through this for the sake of having a pair of jeans made for me.

His ready to wear denim is awesome in person though!  Hudson's Hill in Greensboro carries his line.

Edited by mlwdp

I wonder if he delivers on his rush time for an extra fee? If there are people who are willing to pay that extra amount to skip to the front of the line, and he doesn't deliver on that promise, then there might be some people even more upset than "regular" customers who have been waiting 12-18+ months. 

11 hours ago, mpukas said:

I wonder if he delivers on his rush time for an extra fee? If there are people who are willing to pay that extra amount to skip to the front of the line, and he doesn't deliver on that promise, then there might be some people even more upset than "regular" customers who have been waiting 12-18+ months. 

I read he only takes 4 rush orders a month.

Wow. I ordered mine back in December, and haven't thought about them once since some time in January...till coming across this thread again. Looks like I only need to do that about 6 or 8 more times, and I'll have my jeans!

Edited by 428CJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's the sizing for the R1900 Western shirts? The charts I'm seeing put a medium at a 46" pit-to-pit, which seems more like an extra large to me. Any experience with these / have folks tended to size down from their usual size?

• 2 weeks later...