Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

25 minutes ago, Niro said:

Wondering what is people's opinions on patches on denim jackets?

what one chooses to do with their jacket is their choice. I personally wouldn't ruin an expensive denim jacket with a patch, but that's me. I think, too, that the type of patch factors into it as well.  lapel pins i'm ok with.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

@chicote vokuhila it's definitely a power to be reckoned with now, after sufu's past mullet leader Maximo @oomskolop eloquent words.

ya ya

equally with luv for volvo the most welcoming

is much luv for oom and chicote

they bring light to lives and meanings beyond the denim realm

chicote's sda intervention is well remembered well beyond his locks

On 5/19/2017 at 11:43 AM, Niro said:

Wondering what is people's opinions on patches on denim jackets?

I like to have some sort of decoration on a denim jacket. Had this chained stitched patch of my dog made by Tina Vines. Will probably at other hunting or setter related things to it at some point.

IMG_1198.PNG

I like crazy denim as much as the next guy but it does seem like a lot of brands like Oni, Tanuki, some PBJ etc. are kinda overdoing it. I like a sort of balance between edgy stuff and tradition - like how Strike Gold will make a fabric with really crazy character, but it'll have a pretty conventional color. Or how Flat Head's denim has a very bold dyeing process/fade, but has a pretty subtle texture to the denim itself. Having loads of slub, a pink weft, super loose woven 25 oz left hand twill denim just seems like a bit too much. 

I think it would be fun to enter the upcoming denim contest with a low-key, well-known pair like a 3Sixteen ST-100x, Nudie Grim Tim orange selvedge, or Sugar Cane 1947.

I got a weird one for y'all.

is it in bad taste to wear pinup girls on a shirt?  I've noticed this trend on a few Gitman shirts and Japanese brands.  

Exhibit A:

90469F4D-049F-42B3-8D02-8AEA7A5A2D26_zps

88B6BEAA-66E2-4666-B837-E87A1573F28D_zps

Edited by mlwdp

10 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Having loads of slub, a pink weft, super loose woven 25 oz left hand twill denim just seems like a bit too much.

i can see how loads of slub, pink weft, and super loose woven 25 oz are a bit too much (or, for me, way too much)...but what's wrong with left hand twill?

22 minutes ago, ironheartfan123 said:

i can see how loads of slub, pink weft, and super loose woven 25 oz are a bit too much (or, for me, way too much)...but what's wrong with left hand twill?

I think he's just throwing that in as an example of trying to randomly cram every possible feature into a pair of jeans, hoping one or more of them will be enough to get someone to buy them. 

erm... some fashion-denim nonsense among a bit of common knowledge. Crap like this is how urban myths spread

https://mic.com/articles/178338/from-jean-upkeep-to-finding-the-right-fit-7-of-your-most-pressing-questions-about-denim-answered#.bgfdNfBCW 

10 minutes ago, mpukas said:

erm... some fashion-denim nonsense among a bit of common knowledge. Crap like this is how urban myths spread

https://mic.com/articles/178338/from-jean-upkeep-to-finding-the-right-fit-7-of-your-most-pressing-questions-about-denim-answered#.bgfdNfBCW 

Tip #4: To get simple spot stains out like splatter from pasta sauce, wet wipes work wonders.

I thought PRPS used pasta sauce as a technique to make their pre-distressed jeans so shitty looking.