Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I just don't see the point in it. Over time, I want my jeans to have softened with regular wear. I love that crisp feeling of new denim and the process of breaking them in but my end goal is something different. I think that's why I love my Fullcounts - Tsujita has actually aimed to replicate the soft feeling of well-worn denim in his fabrics.

How much starch is left over after the first few soaks or washes anyway?

Guess I should have said for OW denim. Unsanf is unnecessary and I do agree about the softening up over time, really love that about my fullcounts. Soft as pajamas at their stage.

But my d1672 ow denim is quite flat, and has zero rigidity. Especially after their first wash. Not that I am concerned with sick fades, but do like the satisfaction of seeing creases, and this denim isn't able to do that.

How about wearing the fabric when slightly damp and then setting the creases in that way? I think starching jeans is going to harm the fabric by making it too brittle and prone to cracking. 

Sometimes it just takes longer to set in the creases on a particular pair of jeans...

restarching is so 2007 ;)

Ok, honestly I tried it out several years ago on a pair of OW Samurai jeans. I didn't do much and wasn't long lasting...

But if you like that look:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D136030%26d%3D1260370197

:D :D

edit: Sufu won't let me crosspost

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

That's actually been a thing in Houston / Texas rap for some time now.
Not sure if it's actually exclusive to Houston / Texas, but I've heard it mentioned a lot.

Also Chip The Ripper raps about Evisu jeans on one track... :ph34r:

I restarch, fold in half, and iron for a perfect crease that goes down the pants leg. Nothing says sharp like rolling into the office with a perfectly pressed pair of dungarees.

41Fb4nHiidL._SX342_.jpg

Kind of strange how this used to be acceptable office attire but now jeans are not as accepted.

Was he wearing them at Glastonbury a few years back?

I think he misunderstood the fading aspect though. After each wear he threw them away and replaced them with a crisp new pair along with a box-fresh white t-shirt!

How about wearing the fabric when slightly damp and then setting the creases in that way? I think starching jeans is going to harm the fabric by making it too brittle and prone to cracking.

Sometimes it just takes longer to set in the creases on a particular pair of jeans...

Yeah did that when I got them out, lap creases seem to be a non exsistent, buy from thigh down no problem which is odd.

@bf yes, I remember reading everyone starching their jawnz back in the day, I would use to do it for my stacks post soaks.

PRPS..... if jay z didn't wear these i am pissed... that is a brand worth of jay z, or vice versa

edit: i am talking stylewise, i like some of his rap

Edited by Blue Nemo

sufu denim rap battle please.

Also I remember Chip rapping about PRPS too.

"There's something I need to clarify /

I only size up four in Samurai /

Got stacks for days, you sufu freaks /

I'm talking about my money and my jeans"

B)