Jump to content
cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Recommended Posts

No income tax, no VAT

Just Russell Mocs and TCB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked and @unders can have The Archers instead of Heechy - it’s Worcestershire apparently.

Main post updated.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who's bottoms? ed? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@CSL - Falcon Crest

I remember it but don't recall having watched it. I'm guessing it wasn't the Lorenzo Lamas character that you found reminiscent of me:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Just checked and @unders can have The Archers instead of Heechy - it’s Worcestershire apparently.

Main post updated.

Worzel gumedge is set in Somerset.

It'll have be This Country or 'Back', both of which have been filmed in and around Stroud/Gloucestershire. 

:blink2:

Edited by Dr_Heech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

@CSL - Last Of The Summer Wine

I get this one. Guessing I'm the stuffy old guy, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CSL said:

I get this one. Guessing I'm the stuffy old guy, right?

You should be Howard’s Way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

You should be Howard’s Way

That was one I never watched, Duke. So not sure what the vibe was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CSL said:

That was one I never watched, Duke. So not sure what the vibe was.

Cheesy melodrama set around Southampton :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Cheesy melodrama set around Southampton :wink:

Oh! That's right. It's coming back to me now. As if anything melodramatic could ever happen around Southampton...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Broark said:

@smoothsailor I’ve watched a few episodes of Austin Stories, this city has changed so much since then! I’ve been here over ten years now, kind of crazy to think about.

I visited Austin 3 times, first time was in 1995 i believe, during south by south west, pretty cool. The two other times we stayed at the Austin motel with was nice, great city. Austin stories vibe was how i remember it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @unders, if you're only in the next country then we'll def have to hook up for a few beers sometime after lockdown has lifted and we're all back to whatever constitutes normal again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Hey @unders, if you're only in the next country then we'll def have to hook up for a few beers sometime after lockdown has lifted and we're all back to whatever constitutes normal again?

Defo mate. Sounds a plan. Expect there are some real nice boozers out Stroud way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, unders said:

Defo mate. Sounds a plan. Expect there are some real nice boozers out Stroud way. 

Some are still ok l think? Been a home drinker for years and hardly go to pubs, unless it's for a meal, and haven't had a chance to do that for some time. Some real nice places around the satellite villages though but it's a car jobby as we live in amongst the hills and valleys.

Where abouts are you in Worcestershire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in Worcester city. Handful of decent pubs in the town. Sure we’ll work it out mate when / if life gets back to normal. 

Looking forward to it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I get a new Lightning magazine in. 
250px-Blue_pants_weekly.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one here has said anything about EBay dropping PayPal as payment option when selling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mlwdp said:

No one here has said anything about EBay dropping PayPal as payment option when selling.  

I never sold all that much on eBay over the years, pretty darn sure that I’m not going to give my social security number and bank account number to set up the new way of getting paid...I suspect they will lose a bunch of sellers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sansome1877 said:

I never sold all that much on eBay over the years, pretty darn sure that I’m not going to give my social security number and bank account number to set up the new way of getting paid...I suspect they will lose a bunch of sellers?

 

I don't believe I had to give my SSN. Regardless the transition has went pretty well, I have no complaints.  Although I don't sell a whole lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this is part of a general push to standardize and regulate online income as a whole; my cynical impression is that it’s to ensure this income is taxable.

When I first started tattooing I’d take payments over PayPal and leave as much as I could of it in my “PayPal balance”, which for all intents and purposes didn’t seem to be real currency. That way, I could just withdraw what I needed for daily expenses, and any extraneous online purchases would come out of my balance, technically never showing up as income or an expense in my bank account. It functioned the same as cash in that way. Now I will only take cash as it seems to be the only remaining form of currency that can’t be tracked directly to you as an individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is that suppose to happen? My last sales were on Jan 31; I was paid via PayPal without a hitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nick682 said:

 

I don't believe I had to give my SSN. Regardless the transition has went pretty well, I have no complaints.  Although I don't sell a whole lot.

I believe, by agreeing to the new payment setup, eBay turns over your information to the new entity- that will be controlling the new way you get paid...and it’s not a bank in the US- it’s something like that, that’s what I was told from a friend a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sansome1877 said:

I believe, by agreeing to the new payment setup, eBay turns over your information to the new entity- that will be controlling the new way you get paid...and it’s not a bank in the US- it’s something like that, that’s what I was told from a friend a few days ago.

That's interesting, I guess I didn't read the fine print!  The thing I like about the change is that they take the fees right off the top of the sale instead of billing for them.  Again, I don't sell much on eBay so the switch isn't really an issue for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for a pair of USN utility trousers, who all currently offers them and which are your favorites?
Looking for a lighter weight denim, patch pockets (preferably two back pockets as opposed to one), donut buttons, tonal stitching, etc.
These Mister Freedom utility trousers have caught my eye so far, but I'm still searching and any recommendations would be appreciated.
Utes-Denim-71.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a warning for anyone who follows a.g Spalding on Instagram,  there is a few fake accounts sending dm's about winning competitions . Thought I'd won my first ever competition ( even though I never entered ) ...... bummer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now