cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Happy birthday!!

Have you read Ralph Ellison‘s novel Invisible Man? As a music lover and, now I see, sloe gin aficionado, I think it’d be right up your alley. I’ll happily send you my copy if you’d like!

“Now I have one radio-phonograph; I plan to have five. There is a certain acoustical deadness in my hole, and when I have music I want to feel its vibration, not only with my ear but with my whole body. I'd like to hear five recordings of Louis Armstrong playing and singing "What Did I Do to Be so Black and Blue" -- all at the same time. Sometimes now I listen to Louis while I have my favorite dessert of vanilla ice cream and sloe gin. I pour the red liquid over the white mound, watching it glisten and the vapor rising as Louis bends that military instrument into a beam of lyrical sound.”

@chicote that's beyond kind of you! ive just found a copy on Abebooks for £2.56 which will be a 1/4 of the US-UK shipping cost, i'll order it, thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

You at pigeon keeping age yet you old northern git?:ph34r2:

Not quite but after all those derelict factories...ive probably got pigeon fanciers lung :D

looks like fran lebowitz wears selvedge jeans in pretend it's a city, but haven't been able to work out which brand. in the on-stage interview scenes you can see pretty good roping and marbly texture of the denim. anyone hazards a guess? or knows what she's actually wearing? cool loose cut too, unhemmed with massive cuffs. 

Edited by oomslokop

Do you think it’ll take off?

Honestly seems daft to me 

Barmy. Shitload of effort for some holes. 

Apparently Joe Exotic never managed to copyright these - tiger bites and authentic wonky stitching can’t be combined under the one patent

4 hours ago, oomslokop said:

looks like fran lebowitz wears selvedge jeans in pretend it's a city, but haven't been able to work out which brand. in the on-stage interview scenes you can see pretty good roping and marbly texture of the denim. anyone hazards a guess? or knows what she's actually wearing? cool loose cut too, unhemmed with massive cuffs. 

Have not watched this yet, but I remember reading somewhere that she used to only wear 501s. Not sure about now though.

Is Worldshopping legit to use as a proxy? Is it worthwhile?

Happy birthday to me (today) and the young @Dr_Heech (tomorrow) :cool:

Happy Birthday gentlemen!

Let's get a fit pic from you on your birthday Maynard. :D

17 minutes ago, Broark said:

Let's get a fit pic from you on your birthday Maynard. :D

You could use the photo from your new bus pass

Happy birthday! 

If I could remember just how old I am, then I could decide if it’s a laughing matter or not! Thanks for all the comments everyone, my great-grandchildren have been reading them all out to me.

You need to be careful laughing at your age... you’ll have to wash your jeans more often 

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

If I could remember just how old I am, then I could decide if it’s a laughing matter or not! Thanks for all the comments everyone, my great-grandchildren have been reading them all out to me.

Hearing aid seems to be working then

Happy birthday @Maynard Friedman - sorry haven't checked in earlier. Hope youre having a wicked day! :blink:

And these guys are right, it is about time you put a fit pic up (luckily l know what you look like on fb and in real life, so l haven't got any hang ups, but think of the long suffering lads) - hey if you will, l will B)

Happy Birthday!

Belated happy birthdayses.

Tarte Tatin waiting for some home made vanilla ice cream to keep it company 

0396F46B-5DAD-4034-B697-22BB818795B2.jpeg