Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Plenty of new stuff up on the Rivet & Hide sale page, looks like—and not just small sizes as usual

Put an order in for a couple of lightweight merino Merz tees, which should fill a niche I’ve had open for a long time now

Edited by julian-wolf

Damn your right.

An apparition of Giorgio would make a lot of sense because i see Phil Oakey walking his dogs in the woods near our house, if Giorgio has lost his phone he could have been trying to contact Phil via astral projection, got blown off course due to hurricane Zeta and ended up in our garden but if it's actually KDJ that doesn't make any sense at all...:unsure:

^ Those macarons look top notch

I tried making some of those a few weeks ago with mochiko in stead of almond flower; they tasted fine & they rose about the same, but I couldn’t get rid of the sort of gritty texture, so will probably be sticking with the tried and true for future endeavors

Anyway, no photos of the finished product, but I was real pleased with how the filling turned out—a lilikoi curd that’s become one of my standards when the season’s right

9551B70D-297A-4272-982B-87EA39F0F685.thumb.jpeg.0a9ccf147bcf2f549eb868b09526a8d2.jpeg

Wishing now that I’d saved some more for a rainy day…

Edited by julian-wolf

37 minutes ago, Flash said:

That sourdough looks delicious mate , think I remember you saying you misses has had her starter for a good amount of time ? 

It’s tasty bread mate. Aye the Duchess grew the starter long before she grew Ellie :laugh: - but we use it for all sorts ... pizza, pancakes, dumplings, deep fried Mars Bars ... 

@julian-wolf ... and your curd looks moreish. Re. ingredients, when it comes to classical cooking I usually stick to the recipes - I do experiment with meals - but some things just can’t/shouldn’t be changed.

Edited by Duke Mantee

23 hours ago, mlwdp said:

It’s that time of the year again. Inazuma Festival online starts on Saturday.

How does it work? Looking around the site but I don't understand the various 'lines'. Do you have to purchase 1 ticket per item purchased? Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

What kind of sales do they have online?

https://instagram.com/inazuma_festival_official?igshid=1o7akmmg8lhh7

just about every brand you can think of and more, up to 70-90% off.  Been watching Lightning Magazine and Inazuma’s instagram live feed when they show a glimpse and it’s a huge sale.  

Yes, I did.
Not much left, I found.
But if you're size 36 or 38 there were many RMC A2s for around $900.
A lot of stuff from RMCs like Chambrays and pants.
Also a number of makers of engineer boots.
But it was already possible to check out the goods on Friday after buying a ticket. So when it opened today, things went probably very quickly.

9 hours ago, aho said:

Despite having been to Berberjin many a time, I'm still blown away by the quality they can still dig up. Check out the 1922's at the end (and the 37's for that matter)

Cheers for posting this Aho, and like you said, those '22's and 37's. Interesting that the "1922" pair has older suspender buttons combined with the more modern dimple rivets. The back middle belt loop is not tucked under on this pair, however it appears on the "1937" pair. Just awesome info for old vintage obsessives like myself :)

41 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Cheers for posting this Aho, and like you said, those '22's and 37's. Interesting that the "1922" pair has older suspender buttons combined with the more modern dimple rivets. The back middle belt loop is not tucked under on this pair, however it appears on the "1937" pair. Just awesome info for old vintage obsessives like myself :)

Indeed, he calls out those 'features' as well and says it's actually likely from the 1930's despite being classified as a " '22". Gotta love the details!

^yeah there is definately a 2/3 year transitional period (c.1926-28) where the changeover to the more modern production line made way for improvements both in construction and hardware.

There was another Berberjin vid of the difference between the early 1920's and the latter, but l can't seem to find it now  (boo).