Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Thanks. The first pair l bought, tagged 36x36 measured something like 39x39 - they were huge!

I also used to own 2x pairs of the 36's but wanted the accurate Levis type arcs. Settled on the 1930 model as it sits right in the middle of my fave denim era.

The darker pair are too small at present, brought on by the covid-malaise/middle age spread/insert excuse here, but hopefully I'll slim down by chrimbo and fit into them again (.and several other pairs, embarrassingly enough).

Edited by Dr_Heech

was reading buried histories, john roosa's latest book on the mass murder of indonesian communists in 1965-66, when i came across this sad, gory detail:

orWJ3YQl.jpg

ibnu had just returned from studying economics at uni of wisconsin-madison when he was executed. his exhumation can be seen starting from 1:03:27 in this documentary.

For now on, for one wash pairs, I’m just going to go ahead and wash the denim first before wearing, in order to get the shrink out at the beginning.  I have yet to do this with one wash pairs before.

Edited by mlwdp

Tempo’s a funny shop

Super sterile-feeling inside, and yeah, they carry a weird mix of brands—it doesn’t seem like they have much of a coherent style / identity that they’re going for

That said, the staff’s always been helpful & nice when I’ve stopped by, so 

well, at least in terms of finding a mate he appears to have read that one well... 

it's a good setup for stop-motion animation, too – I'd like to think there are assistants just out of frame who dart in and rearrange the subjects, their beverages and their goods and chattels before snapping off another frame of insta-magic

Every time I post a link to a pair of denim I’m selling due to pandemic weight, the post never gets through.  But when I posted in regular threads, the post gets through.  

Reddit is weird.  I’ve read horror stories of members being banned and no way to get back on.

I remember, when I started wearing raw denim and especially the Japanese brands a red tab and arcs were a must for me and most other folks.

Now, when I take a look at my jeans there are barely jeans with arcs. (Red) tabs yes, but nearly no arcs. Basically, I mostly prefer the more subtle designs these days. 

Anyone else stopped caring for arcs and tabs?

When it comes to arc designs its basically Levi's arcs or nothing for me and I cant blame any brand for not wanting to use them , I'm not bothered at all by the lack of arcs or a tab  . Making a decision to buy a pair of jeans should definitely consist of more than " do they have arcs and a tab ?  "

Edited by Flash

I have arcs on only 2 pairs of denim; my 1939 lightning arcs, because they’re the best arc bar none, and my 1922 because @shredwin_206 mum wanted to practice her sewing.

Other than that I don’t care - and in hindsight, never really did, although the (various) Levi’s arcs are about the nicest ... even if they are litigious a-holes

(I can’t mention the bootleggers arcs here because they are ‘illegal’ ...)

Edited by Duke Mantee

57 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I remember, when I started wearing raw denim and especially the Japanese brands a red tab and arcs were a must for me and most other folks.

Now, when I take a look at my jeans there are barely jeans with arcs. (Red) tabs yes, but nearly no arcs. Basically, I mostly prefer the more subtle designs these days. 

Anyone else stopped caring for arcs and tabs?

I'm in a similar boat @beautiful_FrEaK - since moving gradually away from Lvc, l have almost as many non-arc repros as Lvc. I don't mind either now, but for years l was a die-hard Levis arc fan.

As an aside, l do have 2 pairs of Lvc repros that have awesome arcs, 1996  551zxx 1st edition and 20's 201 555 model :ph34r: