Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

6 minutes ago, andrewrose said:

I have a not exceptionally popular job (in the us) at this point. Yesterday we got a call about a person shoplifting from a thrift store. They said he stole jeans.

We found the guy- his name was Levi Lee (Last name). The irony!

What were the jeans...... had to ask 

17 minutes ago, andrewrose said:

I have a not exceptionally popular job (in the us) at this point. Yesterday we got a call about a person shoplifting from a thrift store. They said he stole jeans.

:rolleyes:U mean like .... it’s a free ride when u’ve already paid:laugh2:

Edited by BrownMetallic

22 minutes ago, andrewrose said:

I’ll bet his real name was Roy Conners and his female accomplice was Jean Wrangler!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

20 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

best phrase ever... what to do if one encountered one in the real...

as for all the rest; the intricacies of language, system and that which falls between... [there was a phrase involving not feeding something... I forget... ] ] ] ] ] ] 

Very honoured by the compliment of such a wordsmith as your goodself. 

I shan’t be feeding... or at least not until the boredom kicks in...

Edited by unders

Funny how the guy with the strongest outburst and reaction of late ( secret martial art/true identitygate) is so quick to call out/accuse people of sensitivity or reacting ....

Why don't you actually post more relevant content to the forum topic as opposed to a cycle of provoking or reacting? 

The rep system is just a way of showing agreement or appreciation, if you don't recognise or want it.... why did you go back and pos rep loads of my old posts? You seem to be very confused. Just chill and enjoy discussing a pretty irrelevant interest in specific types of menswear or dont and leave us to get on with it.

3 minutes ago, Broark said:

See that's the thing, we really don't. :)

so why do you reply? oh i see, you are being sarcastic...subtle

i reallly care about you too, my friend, BUT I wasnt talking to you. Thats message was for Geeman. Pay more attention next time or you will get a negative rep.

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

ha... yes, as opportunity affords... I've not bought anything from a retailer in about 10 years apart from the TCB contest jeans and one pair of Tender 129s that were going for next to nothing from a shop overseas, but I do have backup pairs of SC 47s (4 or 5, I'd have to check) and another pair of Tender 129s that someone must've decided weren't their cup of tea

Yep, 

1930 Lee 101 cowboy (2)

Freewheelers 1947's (2)

Sc 47's (with arcs) (2)

Lvc 1920's 201 (2)

Lvc 1933 501XX (2)

Lvc 1937 201XX (2)

Lvc 1944 S501XX (2)

Lvc 1947 501XX (2)

Lvc 1955 501XX (4)

Edit - all the Lvc were made at the Valencia street factory, hence the multiple buys.

If l find quality in anything, clothing wise, l always buy at least twice, because in my experience that quality inevitably declines/changes over time so best to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Dr_Heech

No duplicates here, I'm afraid... have contemplated, but given the amount of time needed to work through one pair, then the desire for variation after (denim and make if not cut), duplicates have never been attractive 

but...

respect to you all for your dedication, in particular @Dr_Heech for his dedication to the 555 cause! wearing the recent Japanese denim / non US made version of the '55 as we speak: having avoided that fit for years I can see the temptation to get multiple of those from the Valencia St. for sure... 

@MJF9 thanks, the lvc were more to do with sizing issues. At first l believed the one size fits all shrinkage info on the brown paper tag on the back right leg (when new), but then thanks to sufu and the likes of Paul T and others back in the day, they helped straighten it all out for me.

As regards the Lee's l will try my best in the coming days.