cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Has anyone else been watching Manctopia on the BBC, about the huge housing boom in central Manchester?

Yep Maynard, I used to live around the corner from that old blonde dear in the 80’s, must have bumped into her sometime in my youth. 

The one in Collyhurst or the one who runs the homeless breakfast charity?

You live in Manchester don’t you Bod? I was a student there in the late 80s, I went back there last summer and the level of development is mental. It’s visually impressive but there’s obviously a big downside.

^Brilliant, but dangerous...

...especially  since there is an option to view the website in English without your browser translator. Now all they need is an option to hem your jeans.

I hope this cuts down on the time it took to order from Rakuten. Tokyo is 14 hours ahead of me so they would get my order the next business day, I would get the invoice the day after that, and 3 days after ordering it would finally ship.  

Website a little wonky on smartphone right now but I see they’re offering fedex shipping while still stating international delays.  

Interesting article about a short-lived new town/overspill modernist ‘Lego’ estate in Runcorn (of all places!). I wasn’t aware of this place at all.

Great reading - love the Modernist Society from Manchester & their magazine.

they did a nice fold-out poster of the “Toaster Rack” where I used to study briefly.

The toast rack! Good shout Foxy, I remember that building.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Interesting article about a short-lived new town/overspill modernist ‘Lego’ estate in Runcorn (of all places!). I wasn’t aware of this place at all.

“... the particular talents of a man who was more concerned with setting an agenda for everyone else to follow than in creating failsafe designs unworthy of controversy.”

Erm, no - not when you’re pissing public money up the wall. I see too much of this - there’s a great confusion about the role, and more the ability, of the architect (a small ‘a’ is sufficient), mostly due to highfalutin tosh like this.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

...there's still an old nylon Naf-Naf wallet of mine in a drawer at my folks house...

...found it today while sifting through paperwork :)

IMG_20200830_140112_BURST001_COVER

Grabbed a cone made face mask from Hudson’s Hill In Greensboro for $10.

7B2171FC-A569-492B-853C-69EA3EE1C68A.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

Apocalypse Aesthetic

or

I Left My Lab at 8 AM to Get Breakfast and It Was Still Dark Out and It’s Still Dark Out Now

96046611-2CB1-471D-83EA-03E382455A6C.thumb.jpeg.a12c1194de980c9b95435d7c5fbf17f3.jpeg

^
here’s at the Emeryville skatepark (Northern California) about two hours ago

95DF4C75-F405-4FE7-95B5-58E31F8B65F0.jpeg

Even crazier, here’s about 20 minutes ago

1DB1F261-8F4D-433F-B443-8ED41DF90D2B.png

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Apocalypse Aesthetic

Apocolyptic indeed - they're shocking conditions - just been reading a bit more about it- Can only hope that the conditions somehow improve give some respite and state/govt/people can minimise the devastation. not sure really how best to respond except to express sympathy with you all affected - it looks almost unreal, must be shocking to be anywhere half close to it

Wow, those pics are fierce 

Stay safe and hope things improve 

Makes me appreciate the dark skies we grumble about in the UK a bit more 

Ash on my car in Colorado from the Cameron Peak fire. It looked the same here too a few days ago. Got the first snow of the year yesterday which has helped calm things down.

C004D34C-3443-49C3-9B01-B788FF20E3B0.jpeg

I posted earlier about how it wasn't as bad this year in Washington State, but well clearly it was too early to say that. Here is a picture of what it looked like yesterday morning (credit to the person in the watermark). Not as bad today, though, but it is still smoky.

smoke.thumb.jpg.e654e9f8aea9fefc2d6d1f35e17bc336.jpg

Edited by djungelorm

…isn't the regular Blade Runner already in San Francisco?

22 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

:D

fullsizeoutput_2800

Haha

I once saw “fuck the poilce” on a wall