cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Give it a whirl, it’s quite entertaining and my kids are enjoying it. I think Meersbrook looks quite a nice residential family area judging by the customers in the shop.

I will do..

It's probably ranked about average as a Sheffield neighbourhood, it's improved massively over the last 10yrs or so...my sis'in law lives in a house with a Heeley postcode overlooking Meesbrook park, she used to get offended if i said she lived at Meersbrook, nowadays she's cool with it.
The improvements are mainly due to young folks being pushed back as S11 & S7 become  increasingly unaffordable which in a way has lifted less desirable parts of the city with their craft beers and cat cafe's...

Lol , cat cafe's

Last time we were in Tokyo my wife took Jack to one in Harajuku while I rooted around in Marvins and berberjin

There's 3 of them in Sheffield, my Mrs and kid frequent them all, they're even on first name terms with the cats...:blush2:

We went to a dog cafe in Tokyo and took a little beadle for a walk round yoyoji park :D

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Give it a whirl, it’s quite entertaining and my kids are enjoying it. I think Meersbrook looks quite a nice residential family area judging by the customers in the shop.

Ive just watched it on BBC2, it's pretty enjoyable, i'll catch up with the other episodes over the weekend.

Wow good to see this place still going strong :D

On 3/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, Geeman said:

We went to a dog cafe in Tokyo and took a little beadle for a walk round yoyoji park :D

Watch out, Beadle’s about! :cool:

49 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Watch out, Beadle’s about! :cool:

Damn, for a second I thought you said @beatle

Anyone need anything hand delivery from Europe to the USA.
Finally seeing a small benefit of having a UK passport...

day rates plus travel apply  - think this might be my time to shine as a courier ;)

Thanks Donald

'Trump said the new travel restrictions, which exclude the UK, would take effect from Friday.' (Ft)

Posted (edited)

A friend of mine is the manager of a small charity, mainly helping out inner city kids via donations and grants, most of her staff have disabilities in one form or another, y'know its a genuine good cause, anyhow... last night some fuckwits smasher their way into the building, left the charity box on the counter and nicked all the toilet rolls...What the fuck!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

That’s sh!t mate!

(A la Maynard!)

Totally!...you'de expect 'national treasure' multi-millionaire celebrity football managers to be on the rob from charitable causes but not common criminals, they've usually got at least some morals... what's the world coming to eh?

On 3/5/2020 at 10:15 PM, oomslokop said:

are they his own jeans? can u tell us what they're like?

Where did the spike in the word "kit" come from? Is this originated in the UK? I've previously only heard it in reference to soccer/football uniforms.
I'm tired of everything on Instagram saying "stunning kit!!!" and that stuff. Played out.

I've been wondering about that too @Broark It's the same people who do the mocsoc hashtags ;)

58 minutes ago, Broark said:

Where did the spike in the word "kit" come from? Is this originated in the UK? I've previously only heard it in reference to soccer/football uniforms.
I'm tired of everything on Instagram saying "stunning kit!!!" and that stuff. Played out.

I didn't realise this (never been on IG)

Ive used this term all my life, at junior school school in the 80's we had a 'PE kit' t-shirt, shorts and plimsolls, (in infant school we did PE in our pants and vest) footy kit ect.. in our vernacular it refers to what you are kitted out in..also in later years 1990's onwards 'kit-boy' basically 'all the gear and no idea' (like some folks in the denim world i suppose :ph34r:) climbers, mtb'ers ect.. ie- best of everything/branded, even though their skills in their chosen pursuit wasn't reflected in their 'kit'

4 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

also in later years 1990's onwards 'kit-boy' basically 'all the gear and no idea' (like some folks in the denim world i suppose :ph34r:) climbers, mtb'ers ect.. ie- best of everything/branded, even though their skills in their chosen pursuit wasn't reflected in their 'kit'

Seems very apropos in the denim context too. :D Thanks for the background, never heard the term used like this before.

I don't like this "kit" thing either. I just stick to using "outfit."

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Not just clothing either, you could have your car 'kitted out' basically adorned with stuff.

EB52B134-0778-4409-8390-D4204A343329.jpeg

All the gear and no idea......

Kits a fairly common word for us bits,   "nice bit of kit" = lovely jubbly governor 

“Get yer kit off!”.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

I learned it from the site ‘kitmeout’ in the late 90s, and also hear it in regards to musical studio equipment. I haven’t noticed a “spike” in usage though. I’m also not on social media though. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Muck Dynasty said:

I learned it from the site ‘kitmeout’ in the late 90s

Not to be confused with Duke's local menswear emporium 'Kiltmeout'

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I wonder how the various denim retailers are doing right now...

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Not to be confused with Duke's local menswear emporium 'Kiltmeout'

I don’t know what that means. Is there a different shop of the same name? I honestly don’t know. 

My worklife is grinding to a halt as i struggle to source materials, the only delivery which has turned up this week is a pack of plywood and a box of forstner bits.. I'm going to have to diversify... so, ive been thinking, during these uncertain times of social distancing what does society need to avoid Covid 19 ruining  our sex life's? well with the materials at hand, i think the answer lies in domestic glory-holes.. forget the en'suite, a future des-res won't be complete without one.. mtm height, all diameters catered for.. from 6mm to 60mm... discreet installation?

Don't make a decision now... go discuss it with your life partner, imagine emailing them from the spare room "do you fancy meeting me at the old glory hole, Friday night at 10.30?" this time next year, you won't be able to sell a property without one.

just don't get the hand sanitizer mixed up with the lube.