Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Anyone know if there has been a reproduction made of these early ww2 lee’s ? 

48777630166_a7787e9567_z.jpg4A59205D-EA17-4902-B828-29BC59D2A391 by Ryan Darragh, on Flickr

48777630111_bd2ac0610e_z.jpg980A38B4-9FB6-4496-B5B7-CAF4B0F80500 by Ryan Darragh, on Flickr

48777273378_e8155da350_z.jpg0DFA03EA-9E10-4184-9777-F7E91940EC8F by Ryan Darragh, on Flickr

I know Ryan aka the con artist living in a van by the river does. Probably get them in 5-7 years.....ha 

Just now, Double 0 Soul said:

The back pocket shape looks more in tune with 30's era Lee's but slapped on a war model.

I think they must be right at the start of the war , the pocket shape ( as you noted ) and the hair on hide patch are definitely hold overs from the cinch back models 

Cast our mind back a few years, could we even of imagined a site like denimio where we can inulge with such ease! 

For all their faults, cheesy collaborations,  annoying advertising and questionable size charts, we've never had it so easy :D

Now that it is virtually impossible to buy vintage jeans in any state (let alone good/new-ish) condition for anything less than a small mortgage, does anyone think that collecting dead stock/new old stock repros has superseded this?

Perhaps I’m mistaken but it now seems just as exciting to find some Valencia St LVC, 90s era Sugar Cane or the old mixed fibre models, early 2000s Warehouse or Shins/Orizzonti Denime, etc as it once did to find old Levi’s.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

8 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

How does Denimio do business? Genuinely curious. 

Got a laugh about everyone being worked up over some stores comments on instagram in regards to early sales too lol.

The new generation of internet users are very snowflake like.

9 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Now that it is virtually impossible to buy vintage jeans in any state (let alone good/new-ish) condition for anything less than a small mortgage, does anyone think that collecting dead stock/new old stock repros has superseded this?

Perhaps I’m mistaken but it now seems just as exciting to find some Valencia St LVC, 90s era Sugar Cane, early 2000s Warehouse or Shins/Orizzonti Denime, etc as it once did to find old Levi’s.

Shud'up Maynard!!

:ph34r:

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Perhaps I’m mistaken but it now seems just as exciting to find some Valencia St LVC, 90s era Sugar Cane, early 2000s Warehouse or Shins/Orizzonti Denime, etc as it once did to find old Levi’s.

I think you already named the sought after brands/models. Maybe some Evis, too. Also Mister Freedom but I think only some key pieces from the very beginning.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I was giving an illustrative example but to that list you could definitely add older models from other Japanese brands that had more Levi’s-esque arcs and the tab (eg FH, IH, SDA, Samurai, etc). There are also models from lesser-known brands such as the Gardener Ueki’s. Additionally, some of the Lee repros are pretty scarce, from Edwin, Warehouse and Real McCoys.

In future, repro-hunting may be expanded to include FC with arcs and tab and LVC made from Cone denim and who knows what else...

14 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Got a laugh about everyone being worked up over some stores comments on instagram in regards to early sales too lol.

Yeah that was pretty funny. On the one hand, BOW is a business and they're free to do what they want. I think the criticism might stem from the fact that we've become a society of instant gratification, so things like Black Friday/Cyber Monday are getting pushed onto consumers earlier. It may sound like a bit of a paradox for companies to be anti-Black Friday but I think the idea is that consumerism has run amok and when you do early sales you're basically only appealing to the crowd that otherwise wouldn't pay full price for anything anyways. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. All of us are guilty of looking for good deals at some point. Personally, i've grown tired of these sales and don't spend as much as I used to. I'm content with the things I have and don't feel the need to buy something on sale for the sake of saving a few bucks. If I want an article of clothing bad enough i'll pay full price for it.

14 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Yeah that was pretty funny. On the one hand, BOW is a business and they're free to do what they want. I think the criticism might stem from the fact that we've become a society of instant gratification, so things like Black Friday/Cyber Monday are getting pushed onto consumers earlier. It may sound like a bit of a paradox for companies to be anti-Black Friday but I think the idea is that consumerism has run amok and when you do early sales you're basically only appealing to the crowd that otherwise wouldn't pay full price for anything anyways. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. All of us are guilty of looking for good deals at some point. Personally, i've grown tired of these sales and don't spend as much as I used to. I'm content with the things I have and don't feel the need to buy something on sale for the sake of saving a few bucks. If I want an article of clothing bad enough i'll pay full price for it.

Regardless, throwing shades through social media is not the best look for any company, I think we can all agree on that.

I also would like to know what they're lying about

Isn't the main beef that intl retailers and the brands themselves had with Denimio is that they ship internationally yet their products are priced to the domestic RRP?.

Domestic retailers are generally not meant to ship internationally as export products have a different RRP. So by doing this, they undercut a lot of the USA and Europe stores that stock the same brands as their prices would be higher. I believe that this was the main issue and source of friction with many brands and other stores. 

It's worth noting that they don't actually have official accounts with certain brands they carry and the product is proxied from other stores in Japan.