Jump to content
cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Recommended Posts

On 11/2/2017 at 11:14 PM, Niro said:

You mean like how a certain someone here has commented on jeans pic of women to show the back pic :ph34r:

 i did? i did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee this is the front if the cap im sober now

961CC1CC-3FA6-4827-A072-FA7A800BDFCC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that IS really cool. Been some time since I've seen such a cool idea, rider / deck jacket hybrid, nice one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a riders' jacket and an N-1 love each others very much ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's with people lifting up one foot onto their tippy toes when taking pictures with their jeans on? Is it to show some sort of movement..? I've always found it odd and unnatural, but that's (maybe) just me being fussy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, propellerbeanie said:

What's with people lifting up one foot onto their tippy toes when taking pictures with their jeans on? Is it to show some sort of movement..? I've always found it odd and unnatural, but that's (maybe) just me being fussy.

whos this mother fucker your talking about? snitch it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edmond said:

whos this mother fucker your talking about? snitch it out

pretty much all of instagram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

Can you post an example? :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pose is stupid, yes. But this habit of cuffing so high to practically make capris of your jeans infuriates me even more :D so hashtag dapper. Hashtag bearded dude. Hashtag everything box fresh never worn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha nothing with high cuffs! I’m prob an inch away from officially owning capris....although i do think it is a little weird when the jeans are really slim and super tapered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Ha nothing with high cuffs! I’m prob an inch away from officially owning capris....although i do think it is a little weird when the jeans are really slim and super tapered. 

As always, to each their own ;) Personally I just don't get doing the high water look on purpose. As long as I can remember you'd have been ridiculed for it and suddenly a few years ago it becomes fashionable? Get off my lawn :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’m just an asshole but for some reason the instagram denim community seems so much lamer than here for instance. 

Something about those pictures, and a lot of raw denim pics, just looks so lame to me. I feel like it’s cooler if you like to talk about stuff rather than just post extremely posed photos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i enjoy instagram but thats just because i follow mostly vintage collectors and unfollow anyone who feels the need to show me there socks  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you Ben, that’s why I mostly follow Japanese dudes and vintage shops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, if a dude shows a pic where he wades through a swamp or something I'd be the last to critique his high cuffed pants ;)

To be honest it just baffles me that showing ankles isn't just a "it's hot as balls" thing any longer. When it's 35°C I'm enjoying a breeze around my ankles too. But there's people out and about right now with temps around 5°C in skinny jeans rolled up way over their ankles and they aren't even showing off any interesting socks (because paying as much for one pair as you would for 10 pairs at H&M is inconceivable to them but that's another topic). Girls do it too, fur lined parkas, wool hats and scarfs up top paired with no-show-socks in low top sneakers with a pant roll that shows that off and I just think "which is it, are you cold or hot"?

I'm sorry, this is really more a "I used to be with it, but then they changed what IT was" rant :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Broark said:

I agree with you Ben, that’s why I mostly follow Japanese dudes and vintage shops.

Any good account rec's to follow? Looking for some different inspiration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever had any shitty buyers on eBay request a "not as described" return? I recently sold a schott peacoat that was clearly black, and I have the buyer saying he would like to return it because its navy colored. He took a picture of it next to a blacker bed duvet or something and that's his proof/justification.

I think I'm done selling on eBay. I know they will most likely side with him no matter what, and I'll be forced to pay for return shipping just because he has buyers remorse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that sucks. I dont remember if it was ebay or grailed but I had that happen with a pair of chinos that matched the measurements I provided but the buyer said that I had moved the waist button (I didnt). He did this 3 weeks after he received the pants, tried flipping them without any success for a week, and then tried to ask me to offer him a refund bc it didn't fit him. This was his last resort and of course PayPal sided with the buyer so I had to refund him the money and eat the shipping costs. I almost paid as much in shipping as the pants were worth so I kept them. Some people's buyer's remorse makes them act in shitty ways. What can you do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had that on a pair of APC but no return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

Any good account rec's to follow? Looking for some different inspiration. 

Just looking at my following list real quick here are a few that were off the top: @keita_igawa_tm @fakealpha @yoshikazu.ak @yu301619 @polar_shiro_bear @ttnn_xx @beck19771977 @prince_of_gpan @y_n08
You could probably just look at who I follow and go from there. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cucoo said:

The pose is stupid, yes. But this habit of cuffing so high to practically make capris of your jeans infuriates me even more :D so hashtag dapper. Hashtag bearded dude. Hashtag everything box fresh never worn. 

my homage!

i'm standing on my head whilst doing it! pointed toes for n00bs

i doing some l33t bizz

 

IMG_4367.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

Has anyone ever had any shitty buyers on eBay request a "not as described" return? I recently sold a schott peacoat that was clearly black, and I have the buyer saying he would like to return it because its navy colored. He took a picture of it next to a blacker bed duvet or something and that's his proof/justification.

I think I'm done selling on eBay. I know they will most likely side with him no matter what, and I'll be forced to pay for return shipping just because he has buyers remorse. 

Did you take pictures of the labels and tags? they usually have the item and colour code on them so its easy to refer to the manufacturers website and product description to cover yourself for bullshit like that on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bod said:

Did you take pictures of the labels and tags? they usually have the item and colour code on them so its easy to refer to the manufacturers website and product description to cover yourself for bullshit like that on eBay.

Out of my own stupidity, I only took pictures of the collar label,  which only indicates the model, county of manufacture, etc. Would have been smart to capture the actual care label :wacko:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to change usernames? my (joke of a) username is no longer relevant after our most recent celebritiy passing but I don't want to make a new account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I vote that you keep it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now