Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I bought some bike bits from Mercari a few weeks ago via Zen.. i was going to try 'from japan' because Zen will no longer mark down the value (no matter how much i beg) but they had an offer where they fund your online wallet to the tune of 10% of your purchase price... alas they do this immediately after your item has been shipped.. so my Zen wallet now has ¥3800 in credit. This will only offset my import duties but it's certainly a lot more worthwhile for those in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all! & Thanks, @Duke Mantee, for the recognition (how did you find out, anyway?).

In reality, I'm not actually quite done—the big ceremony was last weekend, but I still need to finish writing my dissertation before I can get the official signatures of approval. I'm shooting for around another week before I have a solid draft, then a couple weeks for my committee to give me feedback and for me to implement it, and with any luck it'll be in around the middle of next month. It feels like a long way to go still, but after 6 years working towards it the remainder's just a drop in the bucket.

There are some good photos from the ceremony; I'll be sure to post a few in the coming weeks.

@JDelage, the working title is Coherent and Incoherent Quantum Feedback in an Atom–Cavity System.

Late to the party but well done @julian-wolf .. i'm glad all the hard work has finally paid off..

Was it all just so you can quantum leap back to 1996 and buy up all the best m-series?.. c'mon, you can tell us.

49 minutes ago, Talan said:

Oh, I had a PhD in modern history, but it was long ago, and history is a BS anyway.

Yup.. it's mainly just the opinion of the person who wrote it.. speaking from the British perspective.. i think we rode that wave pretty well for quite some time.

37 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

That’ll be ancient history now

Time is an illusion, any attempt to see a pattern in what's happened is futile, any history is no more than a fairy tale. 

2 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Late to the party but well done @julian-wolf .. i'm glad all the hard work has finally paid off..

Was it all just so you can quantum leap back to 1996 and buy up all the best m-series?.. c'mon, you can tell us.

Yup.. it's mainly just the opinion of the person who wrote it.. speaking from the British perspective.. i think we rode that wave pretty well for quite some time.

Every opinion is subjective, could it be otherwise?