Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Two part hypothetical wonderings..

Y'know those items you see on ebay.. usually NWT where the seller has just taken an image from the interwebz and the item description is nothing more than the title.. with no additional photos, no additional infos, no additional sizing.. They're usually inexperienced sellers.. 100%pos, member since 2021 with less than 50 feedbacks..

I (and i assume everyone) avoid these listings like the plague.. (it makes me think the seller doesn't have this item to hand) but to give them the benefit of the doubt, they might be just lazy fucks.

Assuming it is a scam and quite frankly they certainly look scammy.. how does the scam work? because in my experience, ebay always backs the buyer with their 'ebay money back guarantee' even if the seller doesn't accept returns.. citing The Consumer Rights Act 2015 'the item you've bought must match the description' so let's say you've bought a Warehouse jacket for instance from one of these shady listings.. i wonder what actually arrives? and if something does arrive wich isn't a legit Warehouse jacket, surely you just file a return and the seller has to pay your return postage, so what do they stand to gain?

Pt2

Ive had a 100% poss feed eBay account since 2006ish and when i sell something.. ebay release the funds to my bank account as soon as i mark them as dispatched although i have heard a lot of peeps complain that ebay are withholding their funds (sometimes for weeks) now let's say i sold that shady Warehouse jacket.. how would ebay recover the money once i've been paid? I appreciate they can debit money from your bank account for 'fees' and for an honest seller like me.. my bank account has linked savings.. mortgage payments ect.. closing it wouldn't be an option but if i was intending to scam folks on ebay.. could you not just set up a bank account which you close after ebay send payment and this is how the scam works?

..then what? do ebay take you to small claims? do they sell the debt to ambulance chacers? I assume there are no loopholes or every other listing would be a scam.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Next question.. anyone know anything about this sales site https://asygpopcorn.top/ headquarters in in Nagayo

I've pasted a link into Zen but they say 'we do not work with them due to negative experience'.. but they said the same thing for Blue Lug and all my experiences have been great.

I've tried searching 'FUTABA' but they seem to be an unassociated electronics company in both USA and JP

I've tried searching 'asyg popcorn' .. only results involve actual popcorn :D

It's obviously a sales platform akin to craigslist, gumtree, ebay, yahoo, mercari ect but i can't find any infos on the wider web

I've pasted the url into from japan and that results in a 'request a price quote' where you have to input.. size, model, colour, ect but all that info is already listed on the url page.. including the price.

Anyone heard of or have any experience with them?

Edited by Double 0 Soul

On 1/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

I enjoyed this tho..  Adam Curtis's 2016 docu HyperNormalisation, it's on the i-player for those who can get it or here on Vimeo

That was well done, I started watching "Can't get you out of my head" now and remember watching "Century of the self" years ago

a cross thread jump: from the warehouse / signet grief discussion; I realised I missed a lot on pg.293 of this thread! 

So sending late internet good vibrations to your children @AlientoyWorkmachine & @shredwin_206

sending condolences to @Dr_Heech; a sudden death is less painful for the afflicted but can cause so much shock for those left behind; my thoughts are with you...

in terms of, same page, @Double 0 Soul; yes yes yes to Mark Fisher re: end of change in decades; I asked him to be my external examiner for PhD back in 2014 or so; a very generous examiner he was... the world is much sadder place without his insight (and David Graeber's for that matter ...)

Whatever is in the cupboard.. I think we use Persil, I’ve tried fancy detergents like Sugarcane and such.. they don’t make any difference, it’s just a waste of money.

I went through a Dr B phase along with a lot of folks here but it’s hard to fully rinse out if denim and leaves your jeans feeling slightly greasy.. 

folks have been using Fairy, Daz, Persil ect for decades because it works.. even the SC sachets are not going to be made by Sugarcane.. they’ll be outsourced to a company like Proctor & Gamble who I assume will spend a lot more money researching and developing their own detergents rather than others.

Ecover liquid or if there’s none left, then whatever non-bio liquid we have - Fairy, Persil, Ariel, etc.

I have a few sachets of the Sugar Cane liquid lying around that came with orders from from Naoki at PSA over the years but I’ve never bothered using them.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I use Ecover washing up liquid for cleaning the windows.. I think it has less salt/abrasion.. when I buy it, it’s transparent but I leave it in the bucket in the outside toilet and it turns creamy white.. it must be the cold temps :D

My mrs buys our Persil liquid, Fairy or whatevs.. in bulk from Amazon, we get a big box delivered once/yr and I rack it up on the shelves in the cellar, it’s much cheaper that way.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Whatever is in the cupboard.. I think we use Persil, I’ve tried fancy detergents like Sugarcane and such.. they don’t make any difference, it’s just a waste of money.

I went through a Dr B phase along with a lot of folks here but it’s hard to fully rinse out if denim and leaves your jeans feeling slightly greasy.. 

folks have been using Fairy, Daz, Persil ect for decades because it works.. even the SC sachets are not going to be made by Sugarcane.. they’ll be outsourced to a company like Proctor & Gamble who I assume will spend a lot more money researching and developing their own detergents rather than others.

This