Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

14 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Most other popular denim brands discussed here l know nothing about because l dislike their pocket designs

I can def. understand preferring blank back pockets, but I don’t get this mentality at all. If ugly decorative pocket stitching is all that’s stopping you from buying a cool pair of jeans, why not just buy them and remove the decorative stitching?

When I first got into it, I was all about the arcs. I was especially into the Strike Gold arcs (still have a soft spot for those arcs) but generally now I prefer no arcs or a very simple single stitch design.

I think I stared at the flat head arcs of my 3009 for too long one day and decided that it was too much for me and that I prefer to not have it and that's just stuck with me. I never cared much for having Levis arcs on them but the red tabs are cool esp when they're ripped up and worn in with the rest of the jeans. I did like how stevenson did the arc on their 210/220 jeans. I think it was slightly polarizing but I appreciate the simplicity and humor in how they did it.  

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 10.34.42 PM.png

4 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I can def. understand preferring blank back pockets, but I don’t get this mentality at all. If ugly decorative pocket stitching is all that’s stopping you from buying a cool pair of jeans, why not just buy them and remove the decorative stitching?

Because it's not the only thing. And why would l want to spend a load of cash on something that l have to alter to enjoy when there are brands already out there for me to choose from?

My kid cracked this open t'other day.. and said "eugh! that's disgusting.. it tastes like it's got alcohol in it!"

IMG_0627.thumb.JPG.38d146e1f2e58bf2ebea789654ca41d3.JPG

I took a sniff/look and said "it's cider.. where did you get it from?" .. mum bought it for me!

He likes this raspberry lemo..

IMG_0628.thumb.JPG.95eacebbbd216660707e45fa220c646e.JPG

..my missus chucked the cider in her basket thinking it was the same thing but in cans :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

AIMG-20170103-WA0000.thumb.jpg.cfd04be3560b1fe482ce1b7826013ea7.jpg  

A few years ago in South Thailand, before I had my feet covered as well.

Bumped into another tattoo'd freak, hs mate took a photo of us so my misses did the same. He spoke.no English so never got his name,  from Japan IIRC 

It's crazy how tattoos go through the same cycle as fashion. When I really started getting into it no one wanted flash/Americana, Japanese etc. Then Japanese came back big time, now flash/Americana. I think it looks great now with the more modern (vibrant) colours and sharper lines.

The panther top piece looks sweet  @Flash

Edited by Geeman

12 minutes ago, Geeman said:

It's crazy how tattoos go through the same cycle as fashion. When I really started getting into it no one wanted flash/Americana, Japanese etc. Then Japanese came back big time, now flash/Americana. I think it looks great now with the more modern (vibrant) colours and sharper lines.

The panther top piece looks sweet  @Flash

Thanks mate , I've always been into traditional America tattoos and I think its a style that really ages well . Remember when I was a kid my Dads old mate had a class geisha on his forearm , talked with Ale ( my tattoo artist ) about doing the same and he was all for the idea . Next session is going to be a snake to link the top and bottom part of the arm and im thinking a fan for part of my inner bicep 

Ah crap!.. i've just 'created my parcel' with ZenMarket and all the options were auto-filled including my shipping address, declared value (same as actual value) ect..

I couldn't edit any of the above.. the only thing clickable was the create tab.. so i email Zen to find out what the heck? and received this reply

"Thank you for your message.
We are terribly sorry, however the declared value can no longer be changed for parcels sent via our service.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please ship out the parcel with the actual value"

I remember @Maynard Friedman saying something similar a year or two ago.. but i think EMS was still out of action post-covid so i put the glitch down to that..

My last Zen parcel was back in August with no change from what i've experienced these last 8yrs or so.. marked at ¥1,000 with no issues..

Pfft! ..at least it's only a box of CDs and bike bits..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

13 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Suffering from low self-esteem? Take a trip to your local B&M, I guarantee you’ll feel much better afterwards.

We're crying out for details Maynard... did Mavis compliment you on your fadez, were they selling 'vintage' LVC at yesteryear prices etc etc

Apparently it depends on the shipping option chosen. I bought something from ZenMarket recently and chose the cheapest airmail option and was later told I couldn’t mark the value down and asked to pay the customs duties upfront (I think it was customs duties!). It was a sweatshirt so not too bad, however had I chosen a different (more expensive) shipping option, it may have been possible to change the values, etc.

I received several parcels with EMS from Japan without Zen in recent months. To Ukraine, works ok, just little longer than before, like 20-30 days now. Value marked as asked - direct from the stores.

Edited by Talan

20 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Apparently it depends on the shipping option chosen. I bought something from ZenMarket recently and chose the cheapest airmail option and was later told I couldn’t mark the value down and asked to pay the customs duties upfront (I think it was customs duties!). It was a sweatshirt so not too bad, however had I chosen a different (more expensive) shipping option, it may have been possible to change the values, etc.

The plot thickens.. Zen are now registered under the IOSS System this appertains to goods valued below Eur150 where you pay the VAT upfront so that tracks.

Choosing a different/more expensive shipping method probably pushed the value of your goods above the Eur150 mark.

I don't use Buyee because they ship at full value.. @indigoeagle recommended me From Japan recently so i'll give those a whirl next time but i haven't bought any clothing from JP since 2017.. I wouldn't ship a couple of CDs but i will add a bundle to some bike bits to make up a more cost effective parcel.. for not much more money i can pick them up from Discogs so my days of buying from Japan are almost at an end anyhow.. i've just checked my list of Zen packages and the parcel back in August was my only other JP purchase of 2022.. i can probably live without it.