Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yes, yes and yes … I just can’t ever remember a single song he’s written, even 5 minutes after I’ve listened to it … and this …

821DD145-1022-4B92-8B3D-F5B8FA9F320A.jpeg

I tend to agree with Duke here. Mrs F and my 20 yr-old stepdaughter listen to John Mayer quite often but I seem to zone out whenever one of his songs is playing and don’t find any of them memorable.

I quite like the article but I think the points system is simply a more formalised expression of what most rational people think when dressing anyway. The hierarchical bit is nonsense though imho - why should that matter?

Anyway, in the picture above (I assume that’s him as I’ve no idea what he looks like) he seems to be the lovechild of Bruce Springsteen and Keith Richards, with a sprinkling of Johnny Depp. He’s probably wearing 20 leather bracelets too!

8 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yes, yes and yes … I just can’t ever remember a single song he’s written, even 5 minutes after I’ve listened to it … and this …

That's exactly what I expect from a guitarist who plays with the Dead & Company, a band largely dedicated to preserving the legacy of the Grateful Dead. Even the fact that he's a pale shadow compared to Jerry Garcia is a preferable thing. As a deadhead myself, I don't much want anyone to outshine Jerry while playing with Bobby, Mickey and Bill. I do, however, find Mayer's solo albums quite listenable. But I can't be non-biased when it comes to someone who is some way in the orbit of my favorite band... :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, aho said:

Thought this could be fun as I caught myself earlier…

Confessions of a denim head:

I make a face of disgust whenever I see jeans rolled up and it isn’t selvedge 

Ha! Yes! I'm not afraid to admit it... on the flip side, I saw a girl at the markets the other day with dark denim jeans (check), hems cut off (hrrm..), one faux turn up (hhhhnggg-g-g)... but.. selvedge visible – ahhhh. Suddenly I'm interested.