Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

That looks more like it could be an indigofera shirt. I dont believe iron heart has made a sawtooth western flannel in the last few years...he has worn iron heart though on the show. It's awesome that they just let him wear his entire wardrobe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those who work a regular 9-5 that doesn’t allow jeans in uniform, how do you make it work?

Do you wear denim in the evenings/weekends or slow down on denim purchases?  

Edited by mlwdp

I work a regular 5.30-2.30 day at a golf club and l have a work (non-denim) uniform. In the last 16 years, l've gone from workwear: repro 1936 lee cowboy pants/slingshot double V sweat/M-41 jacket as a unifotm :) to Helly Hansen 50/50 poly trousers and mixed fibre shirts, sweats and jackets with a 'sporty' lean :(

So l guess to answer your question, as soon as l can when l get home, l get changed into my own clothes which are  always centred around a pair of repro 501XX. Apart from between May and September, when it's shorts mostly.

My purchases as a result have been minimal, maybe a pair every year/other year. I think the dozen or so pairs that l have to wear will probably see me through a good few years.

Edited by Dr_Heech

High rise, how are you guys doing it? No matter how high (or low) the rise is, my jeans all tend to end up at the same position on my body (roughly).

I hike them up, cinch the belt a hole smaller but still after some wearing (and stretching) the jeans end up lower on my body resulting in a sagging fit, especially in the back, which does not always look quite flattering.

For me personally it's less about where the jeans end up, but more about having the extra room to adjust where they do sit.
When I'm wearing a pair of mid-rise jeans I feel that I'm always trying to pull them up higher, and then I end up running out of space. It also makes the thighs feel more constricted.
Having that extra rise is more comfortable for me, even if the seat does end up sagging a bit.

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I wouldn't say I have a small back but somehow it's not enough. When I see @Jared_Lee pulling of those high waisted jeans, everything looks in place :D 

Haha. I don't know why they stay up for me. I do have thighs and a bit of a booty, but I think you do too. I just pull em up, set the belt an extra notch in and then adjust them every so often throughout the day. I also enjoy wearing no belt and letting them slouch, but that's for casual comfort, not photos.

I just got a pair of Black Sign Straight Fit that sit up where my S40s do. They stay there pretty well all day.

Mine start up high but as I move and bend and crouch at work they end up under my belly where my jeans normally sit. This ends up giving some of that typical booty sag. I’ve just learned to deal with it.