Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Happy New Years guys & girls! Wishing you all a year of growth & love.

Thank you all for the advice, feedback, and knowledge dumps. Extra-extra thanks to @volvo240thebest, @Duke Mantee, @beautiful_FrEaK, @aho, @Broark @julian-wolf for being so active & generous with their time.

Edited by JDelage

Happy New Year's everyone! 

I know the idea behind resolutions is pretty ridiculous to some people, but still I like to use it as an opportunity to assess my failures and successes of the past year and reflect on how I want that to change. Anyone making any? Denim related or otherwise? 

The only one relevant I have to this forum is that I'm limiting myself to one pair for the year, so I'll have to choose wisely. Bonus if I don't pick up any. That and a one in one out rule for the closet. I'm at that point. 

49 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

We noticed it looks stupid :D 

Or the style generally changed

Didn't even begin to want to use chains with wallets. But that's wonderful, if you don't rush anywhere, wishes can be resolved and dissoluted on their own.

No one makes pockets that actually work for long wallets/chains 

they work great when I wear work pants like carhartt. But any other jeans have 3/4 of the wallet sticking out is a pain and looks funny 

I'm too new a member to have noticed that being a trend but I wore a wallet chain about 25 years ago.... It seemed best to stay in that time period. Plus, old man speak, sitting on a wallet isn't great for your spine. The only ones I've seen lately are from FTH which, while I'm sure they're nice, seem comically designed to leave you with nothing to put in it after purchase.  

I had a wallet chain sometime around the mid-90's, it was just a bit of steel chain i bought from B&Q which i attached it to my (long forgoten skate label) velcro wallet with split rings, it bugged the shit out of me so i cut it down and put it around my neck like a choker..

..it seems to suit the vibe i had going on at the time :rolleyes:

I do remember the sufu wallet chain trend tho, it went nuts, folks were spending $$$'s on what can only be described as wallet jewelry, one would have a £600 cordovan wallet, a £400 chain + some other spendy dangly native american tat, just to carry around £30 in notes and a card or two.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Double 0 Soul

While looking for a photo of previously mentioned choker, i found this'un which i don't think ive ever posted,

Don't ask about the hair.. it was all colours in the 90's i used to keep a tub of red Dax in the fridge to twist it up..

Based on the Forties tee, i'd say this was 1994

Anyone remember Forties? I think they were based in SF, there was a great skate vid called (i think) Amigos??

fullsizeoutput_332c.thumb.jpeg.6532907e415f5b90c5afbe9e5c25cd12.jpeg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

While looking for a photo of previously mentioned choker, i found this'un which i don't think ive ever posted,

Don't ask about the hair.. it was all colours in the 90's i used to keep a tub of red Dax in the fridge to twist it up..

Based on the Forties tee, i'd say this was 1994

Anyone remember Forties? I think they were based in SF, there was a great skate vid called (i think) Amigos??

fullsizeoutput_332c.thumb.jpeg.6532907e415f5b90c5afbe9e5c25cd12.jpeg

I remember Forties. If I hadn't moved so many times I'd probably be able to dig up a similar hairstyle photo sporting Droors or XYZ - which I think were my denim preferences with my chain wallet.