Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

When I first got into this hobby I was interested in slubby denim, but it's pretty gimmicky and not the best looking when worn.
Give me a flatter looking denim that looks more natural with wear over something like this any day. :wacko:
0e551df0-18b3-4479-bab6-0a838fd84803.jpg

Tho not in favor in these here parts, I'll readily admit that IH XHS 25oz is still one of my favorite denims. But, their new slub denim I do not care for. I'd like to see it person some day, but prolly would never own it. 

I wouldn't count on it being made in Hathersage, most of the Alpkit-kit ive bought over the last 5yrs was MiC, although they do heavily promote their make do and mend policy and all repairs, zip replacements ect are done on site at the Hathersage store, i'd be happy to be wrong tho :)

While we're on the subject of bags, my kid needed a larger pack for school so i bought him a Jansport pack, they used to be bombproof back in the 90's.
8 fucking weeks it lasted till the straps completely detached themselves at the shoulder, they have a 30yr Guarantee so i had to pay out of my own pocket to send it to Scottish Mountain Gear who fulfill their repair policy.. 8 fucking weeks for a £60 pack, wtf! i had to send the boy to school with my North Face pack which i took to South America nearly 20yrs ago it's beat to fuck but still going strong...

This one is made in the UK apparently Neal, as stated on the website - it’s the reason I asked for it! If for any reason it’s not, then it’ll go straight back and I’ll get an Aguille one.

As with all products made in our UK Factory, the Idaho 50 comes with a 25 Year Alpine Bond warranty.

My daughter has an Eastpak rucksack for school and she has to carry a lot of heavy books around and it’s been great so far. I bought it based on one I bought for myself about 15+ years ago and has lasted really well. Nowadays I use a US-made Topo one but have noticed that a lot of their stuff is now being made elsewhere.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Scotish Mountain Gear completely removed the old.. or new.. whatever straps and replaced them with much beefier straps, My mrs said just insist on a replacement but these straps are better whereas the straps on a new bag would (i assume) be the same, i'm sure their manufacturing standards are very exacting just not fit for purpose.

We had some Christmas carol sheets pushed through the letterbox this morning saying 5pm out on the street.. there's 40odd of our neighbours gathered around drinking wine and singing Christmas carols, accompanied by 2 girls on flute and one on clarinette, with a load of little ones dressed as elves nailing it up and down the street.. it's really quite charming! Ive left them to it cos it's flipping freezing, brrr!

On 12/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, mpukas said:

Tho not in favor in these here parts, I'll readily admit that IH XHS 25oz is still one of my favorite denims. But, their new slub denim I do not care for. I'd like to see it person some day, but prolly would never own it. 

I don’t fault IH for doing something that’s different for them. I’m not into slub denim but it’s interesting nonetheless. I think if you’re a denim company it’s just a matter of time that you spread your wings a little and do things outside of your wheelhouse, otherwise consumers lose interest. 

45 minutes ago, Talan said:

Sorry to tell this, but correct Christmas date is 7th Jan. Yes, it is old style, but what jeans are? :ph34r:

As an Orthodox Christian on the Old Calendar, I approve this message. :D

But I also celebrate on the 25th, so hey, twice the Christmases, twice the fun. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Cold Summer

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

As an Orthodox Christian on the Old Calendar, I approve this message. :D

But I also celebrate on the 25th, so hey, twice the Christmases, twice the fun. Merry Christmas!

Celebrating the same holiday more than once is from another religion... Just kidding, of course :rolleyes: