Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

@Maynard Friedman bought it when it came out (2018/19?) - should be 1st edition…

current selection:

6AB49242-7D6C-4677-B424-EFE30544721F.thumb.jpeg.b2567178f802072dc4687a09e1d3333f.jpeg

3rd edition of Paul Strand’s 1954 trip to Uist from 2016 and the 2 latest offerings from the modernist - manchester.

Edited by Foxy2

Got some sauces recently from Hacienda Dj turned hot-sauce magnate Elliot Eastwick.

His 10yr old sauce recipe which he started bottling as his lockdown project when he lost his job..

fullsizeoutput_31ec.thumb.jpeg.b520e0725ce6b583cdb6ab11b9811c63.jpeg

Paul Newman-esque labeling

The pizza oil is great, give it a shake every time you open the cupboard and it just gets better.

fullsizeoutput_31ee.thumb.jpeg.fd9a13548dc6533e1d3a7f49ba4a3e22.jpeg

..brightens up even the shittest of pizza's :)

Ive no idea..?  It's more of a lip-tingler than a space coyote, the dude who makes them thought the hot sauce market was saturated with stupid biohazard, skull and crossbones type sauces which only taste of chemical burns so he wanted to make sauces where you can actually taste the fresh ingredients.. he make's an 'Extra Hot' sauce too but i'm sure it'll still be more palatable than some of the toxic nonsense on the market. :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

In other news.. i fell out of our f'kin wheelie bin on Sunday and twatted my leg, i had to ice pack it.. Ouch!
I'd left the trees around the garden for the bees but now the flowers have gone i spent the weekend cutting them back, then on Sunday i tried to compress as much of the garden waste as poss into our's and our neighbours bin, pulled both wheelie bins to the end of the gennel where the path starts to slope down towards the gate, stuffed it full of twigs, stood on the neighbours wall, climbed into the bin to stamp it down, jumped up and down a few times causing the wheels to lose traction with the ground and the bin shot off down the path with me stood in the top, i couldn't jump clear because having stamped the twigs down the top of the bin was now at knee height so i rode it down the path Jackass-style, till it tipped over, i'm sure it looked cool as fuck but unfortunately nobody saw it.. the bin twatted my leg as we both landed in a heap.. in hindsight should've tried kickflipin it down the steps :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confession time: I recently took delivery on a Taylor Stitch merino wool henley. I had a small credit with them, and stumbled on the pre-order months ago. So it was a good price. It arrived last week. It was ok, meh, nothing to get excited about, but nothing really wrong with it. Care instructions said to hand wash or dry clean. So I thought I've had other merino wool sweaters that I've machine washed on gentle cycle, it'll be ok. Well, I f'g up it real good. Shrunk a ton, got ridiculously fuzzy, shed an incredible amount of lint all over my place, and left an absurd amount of lint in my washer than got all over the clothes I washed next. I was so mad I could've spit fire. 

<delete>

Edited by mpukas

No, I wasn't clear, that not on TS, it's all on me. I didn't follow their care instructions, and I f'd it up. 

I don't like TS because I can't stand their marketing, campaigning. And the couple of things I've bought from them I've been underwhelmed by and returned. I'd hoped to like the sweater, and would have kept and worn it. 

I didn’t read any blame in that post, it is in the blunders thread after all! I have quite a few merino wool jumpers, mainly from John Smedley and my kids have had a few miscellaneous merino jumpers/cardigans over the years. I machine wash all of them on a 30° wool setting as life’s too short to hand wash clothes. The Smedleys always come out fine, with no shrinkage (the instructions recommend machine washing anyway) and other brands are generally OK. In short, I’d have done the same thing and f***ed them up too :laugh2:

When I used to wear suits to work, rather than dry clean the trousers (which could leave them shiny afterwards - perhaps due to the pressing), I would throw them in a 20° or 30° wool wash and iron them myself. They were much cleaner and not shiny at all and never shrank. I don’t think the care instructions suggested that!

Smedley does a nice merino jumper at a good price and agreed they wash well. I will be using an old one as a base layer again this winter.

Many years ago I bought a woollen jumper, washed it but never tried it on until I was away for a Christmas party. It had turned the length of a dress with huuuge arms.  As I had no choice I wore it and had a great night! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...