Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

There was a time which ive talked about endlessly in the past when i acquired mountains of stuff (we were geting 2$ to the pound) with very little focus beyond collecting for the sake of it so there was also a period when my denim acquisitions (and some holidays) were funded entirely by selling off highly collectable shit of yore for 10x what i paid for it.. alas, that profitable seam ran dry years ago. Don't get me wrong, i'm not pleading poverty, we can still afford to live a comfortable lifestyle but in days gone by I would have sacrificed shit to buy denim, nowadays days i prefer to buy less/no stuff and have more life. :)

Edited by Double 0 Soul

While i was rummaging through my Mrs's accessories, i found this sweet little coin purse which she bought in London while visiting Sis sometime around the mid 90's

fullsizeoutput_301e.jpeg

It's just about big enough for a £2 coin...

IMG_2179.JPG

Ive been pretty bored today :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

When i got home from work my Mrs said... 'do you know some dude called Mike Harris'

Hmm.. yes, why?

'I thought you would...Ive just watched The Great British Sewing Bee on iplayer and he was on the program talking about old denim'

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

When i got home from work my Mrs said... 'do you know some dude called Mike Harris'

Hmm.. yes, why?

'I thought you would...Ive just watched The Great British Sewing Bee on iplayer and he was on the program talking about old denim'

My Mrs watched it last night and text me the same thing! (I texted Mike and he said "thanks for telling me, that reminds me, they haven't paid me for the interview").

Came up to London today to see her and we watched the interview earlier.

That Boss of he Road patch, mmm..

Ive not seen it but there's a similar program about pottery and one of the school mums from my kids junior school was a pottery consultant on one of the first episodes, i'm not sure if she actually appeared on screen or not.. she was paid £2000 for her efforts

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Received an email about a month ago, just haven’t got around to billing them for the 150 pounds, to do the interview during last years lockdown. After the interview-I wondered how the heck they were going to weave this into a sewing B?

haven’t seen the show- suppose I should try and watch it…It was one of those interviews where they stop you, then ask you to say it like this.

6 hours ago, Sansome1877 said:

Received an email about a month ago, just haven’t got around to billing them for the 150 pounds, to do the interview during last years lockdown. After the interview-I wondered how the heck they were going to weave this into a sewing B?

haven’t seen the show- suppose I should try and watch it…It was one of those interviews where they stop you, then ask you to say it like this.

You should have brought in some 'old scraps' to be repurposed for the show  ;)

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

You should have brought in some 'old scraps' to be repurposed for the show  ;)

Would have made the whole thing a little more interesting, how did they tie the interview with the show?  I was left with a - this is going to be mediocre at best kind of feeling, after the interview.

9 minutes ago, Sansome1877 said:

Would have made the whole thing a little more interesting, how did they tie the interview with the show?  I was left with a - this is going to be mediocre at best kind of feeling, after the interview.

They were repurposing old denim shorts into something new, ie a dress or whatever. I only caught the programme a few minutes before your 5 minutes of fame. Mediocre? Tbh most terrestrial tv is shite imo so l don't watch many programmes only films usually, but l got the feeling that it is the same inane programme formula of cheap and cheerful with some z-lister host.  Just about every programme (cooking, homes, moving abroad, fixing stuff, cruising  B) , antiques etc etc.. ) is just like it - unwatchable/irritating. Luckily we have various services to hop between , and in the case of terrestrial tv, the beloved mute button (and subs if necessary) is there so l dont have to listen to ads for Eastenders or The one show.

Hey (lol) my mental health is important to me.

11 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

They were repurposing old denim shorts into something new, ie a dress or whatever. I only caught the programme a few minutes before your 5 minutes of fame. Mediocre? Tbh most terrestrial tv is shite imo so l don't watch many programmes only films usually, but l got the feeling that it is the same inane programme formula of cheap and cheerful with some z-lister host.  Just about every programme (cooking, homes, moving abroad, fixing stuff, cruising  B) , antiques etc etc.. ) is just like it - unwatchable/irritating. Luckily we have various services to hop between , and in the case of terrestrial tv, the beloved mute button (and subs if necessary) is there so l dont have to listen to ads for Eastenders or The one show.

Hey (lol) my mental health is important to me.

Couldn’t agree with you more, but I bet the level of shite content the US puts out- blows away your shite content…The US puts out the purest shite content known to man.

one of the judges [patrikkkk] is responsible for this line...

MiJ apparently...

[otherwise; short story shorter: a hardy amis suit boi gone workwear buzinezz line... liek most of londinium... ]

tender shirts are much better ...

image.thumb.png.cd0f135efeb62ae60c369cb0978c925e.png

&\

I'll add this one here:

image.thumb.png.81e1e2ff4d15f828cbabc534ee42155b.png

surely buying this and not either a sun surf via hinoya or a good war-time pow denim shirt repro = stupid tax replacing vat ...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

34 minutes ago, Sansome1877 said:

Couldn’t agree with you more, but I bet the level of shite content the US puts out- blows away your shite content…The US puts out the purest shite content known to man.

I will concede at this point. I wholeheartedly agree mate.

5 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

one of the judges [patrikkkk] is responsible for this line...

[otherwise; short story shorter: a hardy amis suit boi gone workwear buzinezz line... liek most of londinium... ]

Step aside Pat,

Alexander McQueen's zoom call mulletwear, business up top, party below the waist..

unnamed-1.jpg

my sides, my sides: such sadness that such is both understanding and ignorance as a rolled together attempt at my wallet...

but, in srznzzz ol' patrik was ranting at sewing B contestnz [in prevze ep.] that workwear tops required 3 pockets at minimum, I cried thinking of type 1 [1], and pow / army shirts [2]; and there the dear ol' f**ktard is trying to sell precisely those [pow 2 pokkz] as honolulu office shirtz ... give me ignorance anyday ...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Just finished reading the entire Superdenim forum, every single thread. My eyes hurt now and I’m thirsty.

Was this a week long project? I looked at the RoyXCone contest thread 2 months ago…Feels like it would take me a week alone to read just that thread.

20 (TWENTY) degrees here so I've dismembered some gateway denim 

9628250A-7F8F-40EE-B16F-D99E22AB3959.thumb.jpeg.afa2331b1ff1e1f1aab3aa857be60eaa.jpeg

Happily Edwin is so vanity sized I can still fit in them.

Dog isn't impressed. I think he doesn't see went he isn't allowed to chew up a pair of jeans and I am?

^ ha yes... me and a few lads were visiting years ago in winter... must have been close to freezing as we were in big coats... however local lads were in Newcastle tops and lasses in shoestring dresses out on the toon

I really like Newcastle - always found really friendly folk and loads of great coastal places in easy reach