Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

34 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Bartles - if you have Disney+ then you should watch both The Mandalorian and Wandavision.

Did you watch the videos on how they filmed mandalorian? If not, you should check it out. It’s pretty cool how they did it. 

34 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Bartles - if you have Disney+ then you should watch both The Mandalorian and Wandavision.

Did you watch the videos on how they filmed mandalorian? If not, you should check it out. It’s pretty cool how they did it. 

37 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

indeed indeed: the actor from Mandalorian was tops dollar in Narcos, and the Marvel Netflix series have surprised over the years: Dare Devil had such great performance by Vincent D'Onofrio (of Full Metal Jacket fame...) - tried Wandavision first episode: was more shrill repression than exploring trauma; have jumped to later episodes to see how it pans out... [I am an out of sequence viewer...] and looks def. interesting [but am working thru Twin Peaks 3 and enjoying the Bob back story...]

on the mandalorian line: anyone seen 'Chef' directed and starring John Favreau (who created Mandalorian)... has great knife set up, he went full character and worked through kitchens to get the skills; but storyline: woo; thin... on the other hand; in Netflix land, Ugly Delicious is well worth a watch for the cajun-vietnam episode...

I don't bother with TV either but then i don't pay for any TV packages so most of what's on is complete bollocks.

I watched a few films at the weekend, Ghost World, mainly for Steve Buscemi, Oh and Thora Birch's superb wardrobe.

Mid90's I watched it at the cinema but "all" that talk of skate shoes made me re-watch, it's much more uplifting than Kids.

and Repo Man, Harry Dean Stanton in just excellent in everything..

53 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

indeed indeed: the actor from Mandalorian was tops dollar in Narcos, and the Marvel Netflix series have surprised over the years: Dare Devil had such great performance by Vincent D'Onofrio (of Full Metal Jacket fame...) - tried Wandavision first episode: was more shrill repression than exploring trauma; have jumped to later episodes to see how it pans out... [I am an out of sequence viewer...] and looks def. interesting [but am working thru Twin Peaks 3 and enjoying the Bob back story...]

on the mandalorian line: anyone seen 'Chef' directed and starring John Favreau (who created Mandalorian)... has great knife set up, he went full character and worked through kitchens to get the skills; but storyline: woo; thin... on the other hand; in Netflix land, Ugly Delicious is well worth a watch for the cajun-vietnam episode...

I was excited for Chef but was a little disappointed by the story too. I generally dislike David chang but I enjoyed the whole ugly delicious series. the cajun Vietnam episode was great. It's a little sad watching the show over the last year knowing that how hard a lot of these restaurants were hit by the pandemic. 

If you have some Vanish foam around the house? you could give that a try, or make a paste from washing powder, just don't vigourously scrub/scratch it.

If this doesn't work i would get some 99.9% Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) from ebay but try it on an inconspicuous area first, i'm pretty sure that it won't dull the shiny surface but better safe than sorry. I use it for cleaning the stainless in the kitchen so it won't go to waste if you buy 500ml.

To be fair, it must take significantly more time and effort to sew jeans on a treadle machine, especially if it’s not something the maker is familiar with. But yeah that price is crazy. It reminds me sometimes, when I think the clothes we wear here are expensive, that there’s a whole upper echelon of fashion brands selling $600 t shirts and $2000 pairs of pants, and that the community of people who buy that clothing probably dwarfs ours. :wacko:

Also in case anyone wants to get sucked into a (quite beautiful) rabbit hole regarding treadle machines, I came across this incredible artist on youtube several years ago. It’s so incredible how detailed her work is!

11 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

This is for real vintage denim enthusiasts. If you don't know about antique/vintage 501, please don't order. .

Or .. please don't order for these are (a) based on a pair of 201's so your antique/vintage 501 knowledge will be almost pointless, and (b) These are an inaccurate pair of 1880's 201 with centre patch and two pockets? (plus 201's weren't introduced until c.1890).

Hey if l want overpriced and (quite obviously) inaccurate Levis repros, then I'll stick with Lvc!

On 2/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Wandalorian - where Din Djarin swaps Grogu for an infinity stone and realises his dream of winning Ru Paul’s Drag Race dressed as the #rugged Scarlet Witch

9 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I watched Stranger than Paradise fro the first time this morning, it must have slipped me by, John Lurie's outfits are just stunning, the loose fitting pleated slacks, with the tucked shirt and Chucks or the threadbare knits...he's my new style icon albeit from 1984

Down By Law is great too.  John Lurie is too cool

2 hours ago, HGS said:

Down By Law is great too.  John Lurie is too cool

John Lurie is a true underground cultural god.  From Jarmusch's films in the 80's to Fishing with John in the 90's to his paintings in the 00's to Painting with John (on HBO) that just came out last month, he's got an amazing mind.  One of my favorite artists of all time.