Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

@chicote if you have no luck finding a replacement a little repair might be possible..

Degrease the cog (isopropyl or something) get a tiny bit of firm plasticine (or something similar) warm it in your fingers and press it around 3 of the good teeth, put the radio outside/in the fridge to cool/firm up, use a scalpel to slice it off flush to the top of the teeth, carefully pop it off with tweezers, degrease again, move the little plasticine mould around the teeth so its held in possition/supported on one tooth at each side and the middle tooth is a cavity in the mould, mix a bit of resin, use a pipette and drop the resin into the cavity, wait to set and peel the mould away, alternatively if you cant find liquid resin, mix a bit of car body filler but this will be a paste so you can't drip it in, instead fill the middle tooth of the mould with the filler and carefully press it into possition (as before) the filler will ooze out the top of the mould but just leave it to set and pare it off with a scalpel later. If you need to give it more purchase/strength, you could extend/widen the mould where it makes contact with the base, as long as the tooth is accurate at the point where it makes contact with the grey cog and the support stays withing the little brown circle it shouldn't hinder the mechanism.. Good luck! ...oh and don't forget to regrease before assembly.

@Duke Mantee - Take the High Road

@MJF9 - Brookside

@Double 0 Soul - Emmerdale

@bod - Coronation Street/Albion Market

@Geeman - Crossroads/Empire Road

@unders - The Archers

@Dr_Heech - Wurzel Gummidge

@Maynard Friedman - Eastenders

@bartlebyyphonics - Desmond’s

@Flash - Father Ted (best I could get!)

@Bobbo - Rederiet 

@smoothsailor - Goede tijden, slechte tijden

@volvo240thebest - CentoVetrine

@Broark - Dallas/Dynasty

@CSL - Falcon Crest

@JDelage - Twin Peaks

@mondo - Home and Away

@oomslokop - Tukang Bubur Naik Haji

Edited by Maynard Friedman

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@Duke Mantee - Take the High Road

@MJF9 - Brookside

@Double 0 Soul - Emmerdale

@bod - Coronation Street/Albion Market

@Geeman - Crossroads

@Dr_Heech - The Archers

@Maynard Friedman - Eastenders

@bartlebyyphonics - Desmond’s

@Flash - Father Ted (best I could get!)

@Broark - Dallas/Dynasty

@CSL - Falcon Crest

@JDelage - Twin Peaks

@mondo - Home and Away

Give My Head Peace would probably be more relevant I suppose ( one of the actors on the show was also one of my teachers in secondary school ) 

Edited by Flash

@Double 0 Soul wow that’s genius thank you!! the cog is made out of some kind of orange resin that’s become extremely brittle with age. if i can’t find a replacement in a better material I might go ahead with your plan and refashion the whole gear bit by bit. thanks for the help!

as an aside I’ve been noticing almost all of the clock radios I’ve come across online were made in Japan... I wonder how many radio builders saw this as practice in order to develop their manufacturing capacities to the level where they might one day faithfully reproduce our fancy blue jeans :laugh2:

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

For those not in the know, it was a sophisticated thriller filled with glamorous characters set in the UKs most chic and cosmopolitan city.....

Haha brilliant I really lol'ed...

I never knew that mate... I thought it was made in Birmingham :P

6 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

@Maynard Friedman - Youngers is the newest Peckham filmed drama...

& started watching Twin Peaks series 3 for first time just now: seeing the actors so aged makes me feel so... 'young'...

And, of course, Peckham's finest... @delboybyyphonics??

Edited by MJF9