Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Happy birthday!!

Have you read Ralph Ellison‘s novel Invisible Man? As a music lover and, now I see, sloe gin aficionado, I think it’d be right up your alley. I’ll happily send you my copy if you’d like!

“Now I have one radio-phonograph; I plan to have five. There is a certain acoustical deadness in my hole, and when I have music I want to feel its vibration, not only with my ear but with my whole body. I'd like to hear five recordings of Louis Armstrong playing and singing "What Did I Do to Be so Black and Blue" -- all at the same time. Sometimes now I listen to Louis while I have my favorite dessert of vanilla ice cream and sloe gin. I pour the red liquid over the white mound, watching it glisten and the vapor rising as Louis bends that military instrument into a beam of lyrical sound.”

looks like fran lebowitz wears selvedge jeans in pretend it's a city, but haven't been able to work out which brand. in the on-stage interview scenes you can see pretty good roping and marbly texture of the denim. anyone hazards a guess? or knows what she's actually wearing? cool loose cut too, unhemmed with massive cuffs. 

Edited by oomslokop

4 hours ago, oomslokop said:

looks like fran lebowitz wears selvedge jeans in pretend it's a city, but haven't been able to work out which brand. in the on-stage interview scenes you can see pretty good roping and marbly texture of the denim. anyone hazards a guess? or knows what she's actually wearing? cool loose cut too, unhemmed with massive cuffs. 

Have not watched this yet, but I remember reading somewhere that she used to only wear 501s. Not sure about now though.