Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

46 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Peter Barlows outfits on Corrie... definitely a bit of Buzz going on 

Haha I was pointing this out to the missus a while ago, I’m sure he was wearing a washed pair of Orslow 105’s last week

https://www.japanalogue.com/resolutes-yoshiyuki-hayashi/

I'm sure you've all read this by now, but I found it a fascinating look into Hayashi-san's mindset and approach with Resolute. A few tickles:

-He only wore Levi's while at the helm of DENIME
-His ideal style is the European interpretation of American Ivy 
-He displays a certain disdain for workwear (loose jeans stacked over work boots)
-Washes his jeans once a week

All in all, Hayashi-san is my denim spirit animal and I really want a pair of 711's now. I could never get 710's to fit me, so hopefully a higher rise would help out.

33 minutes ago, aho said:

I really want a pair of 711's now. I could never get 710's to fit me, so hopefully a higher rise would help out.

Not to burst your bubble but the 711 rise is lower than the 710 (as far as I know), I sold my pair because of that. :sad:
I might buy a pair of 710's sized up to 40 one day. :D

^ and ^^ ... ha ha brilliant... they both made me smile

@Maynard Friedman I could have been any of them at Goodison... that will be early to mid 80s...

I was a Junior Evertonian season ticket holder at the time - the annual ticket cost £28 in 1984... that's £77 at today's value!! I can't (couldn't) even take me and my lad to one game for that now!

In the years I didn't have a season ticket, most of the time the stewards used to have me slip into the same turnstile as my old man for a freebie

@Double 0 Soul I've just trained a load of lads like that this morning funnily enough... next week I'll mention that if they work hard they could be playing for Accrington Stanley and will report back their response (in a slightly different twang these days)

Edited by MJF9

Not sure the ground looks that different now apart from the prices

Now I look at the kits, NEC were kit sponsors from 85-95... that kit 3rd from left is 1991 (I just looked it up)...

I think them snazzy trackies have just caught on with them young uber-trendies in London town now la :tongue:

Good to see some proper vintage shops. @MJF9 will probably remember Blue Rinse up in that there Leeds town - it was a Mecca for trendy students back in my day. Hopefully it’s still around. 

OO - that Nike jacket peeking out at the very top is a perfect match for these dunks I got my brother for Xmas (his get-up is far more daring than mine). I’d be tempted to contact them to enquire about it, but a pair of trainers is already stretching my generosity :huh:

70427685-9B02-415D-9A4B-82CFC248B27D.thumb.jpeg.874e157be1fa92f2932536fbf0deb39c.jpeg

Yes mate I think it's still going. There are more vintage places springing up... though, from what I've seen, much of the vintage is what I'd call reasonably recent :huh:

Trackies all the rage... here is the window of one new vintage shop earlier today

Wish I'd kept that shell suit Maynard caught me wearing outside Goodison now

20201212_160953.jpg

Edited by MJF9

They must have changed their policy rather recently. Bought my Ooe from them but at that time they refused oversea orders. Good to know they changed that.

Airmail or ePacket are similar quick to EMS, at least to Germany.

@julian-wolf what did you order?

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Maybe their policy changed around the time they opened up their big new shop, maybe in the last year or so?

Ordered a pair of those Mill Reef sneakers that Duke was talking about a few weeks ago; really like the look of them a lot

In June, Canvas politely told me via IG that they didn’t ship overseas despite me trying my best to charmingly persuade them. I was enquiring about the Ooe railroad as it would have worked out a better deal all told than S&S. 

Typically, you email Canvas what you want, Seigo “selects” the item so no one can buy it, and then they send you a PayPal invoice with shipping included such as $27.  

Haven’t bought from Canvas lately since the EMS.  The last time I talked to Seigo from Canvas about shipping to the USA:

Hi.

Payment is PAYPAL .

It takes one month by sea.

Thank you.
2020/10/14 15:08
If there is no problem, I will send you an invoice.

2020/10/14 16:53、工保誠吾

Edited by mlwdp