Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I have a question for those who are under 6’0 feet in height:

Is it worthwhile to hem chinos/khakis pants that are 90 cm long?  I understand that Buzz and maybe a few other brands like to follow that length to replicate military officer pants but wow that is long.  I just got my Buzz 43035 pants and being 170cm tall, I had to quadruple fold the pants to get the length I want but I’m debating getting them hemmed.

Any comments on this?  I can get a pic if needed later.

Reference

E388B89A-50DE-4356-9AE2-1709A78826F9.jpeg

BD018B2E-0D97-4D11-9715-F4CBBA2A3FEA.jpeg

@chicote I always assumed those people were manually fading them somehow, like with sandpaper or something. I've never had a pair that faded on the thighs more than anywhere else. Knees and ass, yes. But not thighs.

@mlwdp I'm 5'9" and I do want to hem everything also, however the hemming has been a bit of a challenge. I had a couple of pairs that ended up too short after washing, and then a couple of pairs that ended up too long when I tried to adjust. So now I am waiting until they are well and truly broken in to decide if I'm going to/need to hem.

Edited by justintk

Hem for chinos, if you have to cuff 1 max. 

I have my tailor keep a thick 1 to 1.5 inch hem inside (as opposed to the thin hem when you chainstitch)  to give them some weight/shape when they hang

Anyone heard of a Breakwell seedling apple? I hope they taste better than this Dunkerton cider....notes of fruit and band aids. I don’t normally drink cider so if this is what it’s supposed to taste like, it was really good. Semper Fi.

6874ECFB-E51D-4A6D-937B-8A3A36D3753B.jpeg

That's a great photo, flickr is a good resource, you don't need an account just use their search bar and it brings up every photo tagged with PHF, only probs is the photo's of gentrified PH almost outnumber the old. Check out Kelvin Flats too where i hung out as a pesky teenager.. similar failed vision of streets in the sky.

@chicote My jeans always fade primarily on the thighs and not so much the seat. I actually wish they would fade less on the thighs to make the whiskers a  bit more prominent, but my efforts always come to naught. I don't know what I am doing to get them; no adult activities involved. Anyways, here is an example.

l3front.jpg

l3back.jpg

On 11/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, unders said:

Come on 00, less pics of your dining room wall and more of yer dinner! 
I’d show you mine (oo er missus), but being a Midlander it’s faggots and peas 7 times a week. 

8. Twice on a Saturday 

18 minutes ago, Geeman said:

8. Twice on a Saturday 

Reminds me of an old Kellogg’s Variety Pack advert where the wee lad triumphantly explains why there’s 8 boxes of cereal in the pack - one for every day of the week ... “Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - and TODAY!”

(Just to be fair, I'm not sure the skein dyeing pics are for 819. They mention their "3rd" jeans so if 810 and 819 are their first two, there's a new one coming. As things go, the price might be down to the $800 mark! Yay!)

This morning while putting out the recycling i noticed an apparition of Giorgio Moroder burnt into the biscuit tin from bonfire night

fullsizeoutput_2a83

The resemblance is uncanny

Giorgio_Moroder_notte

The Biscuit tin of Sheffield...like a more legitimate version of the Shroud of Turin...pilgrims will pay good money to visit this miracle!!

Edited by Double 0 Soul