Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

5 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

This just tells me 2195 people are cheesy as hell. But hey, opinions are like assholes and all that...

This probably touches a bit on what @Cold Summer mentions. Instagram in general and even the denim community on there is very much focused on the amount of shit you own and not so much the quality and how you wear/use it.

There’s a lot of skill in what Cory Mahlke does, he’s a pro photographer - with a niche. Maybe the first time seen it grabs your attention but by the time Eugene Tackleberry was on a Mission to Moscow I had long lost the will to live.

I think flat lay (why do I always think Riverdance?) can feel like a very contrived approach, but it really does depend on what is trying to be conveyed.

Edited by Duke Mantee

4 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

social media is for teenagers or bored women. 

Wild how every single time I neg rep you for casual sexism (this is what, the third time? Fourth?) you go through the trouble of looking through my post history and finding 4–5 (edit: we’re up to 7, this time around) completely unrelated posts to neg rep as some sort of vengeance

You’ve really got something to prove, haven’t you

At least Ed had the decency to own up to being an ass & stand up for himself

Edited by julian-wolf

44 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Wild how every single time I neg rep you for casual sexism (this is what, the third time? Fourth?) you go through the trouble of looking through my post history and finding 4–5 (edit: we’re up to 7, this time around) completely unrelated posts to neg rep as some sort of vengeance

He's doing it to me, too now. It's so pathetic that it would be funny if it weren't for the sexism.

^loooooool

are you 12?

im white hetero so I like women. That comment is biologically against your standards and it’s sexism ...and racist too? Not approved by you?  I do care a lot about it lol

was that the sexism you were talking about?

or your subconscious is betraying yourself with your childish reaction?

just a few words n your screen are making you react that way?

this is the funniest thread of this forum. 

unbelivable... looool

It’s nonsense, the title of the thread, right? So we’re doing good

3 hours ago, aho said:

May I suggest sufu implement a "block" function?

You can block users if you don't want to see content posted by them – from memory, there's a notice that so-and-so has posted and are you sure you don't want to see it? Just this one time..?, but otherwise it works pretty well. I think that the one user I blocked stopped posting here not long after I blocked them, though. I had forgotten I'd done it until I saw their name in some thread that had been raised from the dead.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Duodequinquages, I'm probably going to take flack from you and everyone else here.

You make good and interesting points (e.g., preferring photos that look more natural than posed and noting that the clothes don't make the man/woman but the other way around) and you're not afraid to give an opinion, which keeps things from getting dull.  But then you provoke the group and seem to be itching for a fight.  Why not scale it back a hair, take the time to listen and learn, and earn respect with patience?  You have nothing to prove, as your questions and insights are generally good.  As you know, if you provoke you'll get a response.  Maybe this is part of the fun, but wouldn't it be more fun to just keep learning and make a few friends?

This might be the most reasonable thing I’ve ever read on the internet. 
That’s a hell of a soft touch you’ve got. Well done. 

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I don't know @julian-wolf...you tend to shit up the SC thread with totally helpful insights about the lesser known specimens in your collection and you frequently offer some very natural looking fit pics with a bit of breakfast in your hand or whilst out and about at the farmers' market. I mean, that most recent, terribly genial question you asked about the new SC x SE collab...who needs this crap? And let's not even get started on @Broark Neg rep sir! :D

7 hours ago, JohnM said:

Duodequinquages, I'm probably going to take flack from you and everyone else here.

You make good and interesting points (e.g., preferring photos that look more natural than posed and noting that the clothes don't make the man/woman but the other way around) and you're not afraid to give an opinion, which keeps things from getting dull.  But then you provoke the group and seem to be itching for a fight.  Why not scale it back a hair, take the time to listen and learn, and earn respect with patience?  You have nothing to prove, as your questions and insights are generally good.  As you know, if you provoke you'll get a response.  Maybe this is part of the fun, but wouldn't it be more fun to just keep learning and make a few friends?

Provoke?

Where? When? How?

Show me.

6 hours ago, mondo said:

You can block users if you don't want to see content posted by them – from memory, there's a notice that so-and-so has posted and are you sure you don't want to see it? Just this one time..?, but otherwise it works pretty well. I think that the one user I blocked stopped posting here not long after I blocked them, though. I had forgotten I'd done it until I saw their name in some thread that had been raised from the dead.

Ah yes, there is indeed an "Ignore user" feature! You have to hover over their name near their avatar and it'll show up. I wasn't seeing it within the user profile page, much appreciated.  

Who is rep? 

I signed up to Sufu for chat about and pictures of jeans & denim jackets, the occasional crotch-shot and suchlike. Not bickering or little coloured tiles. Shit I’d even take another flat lay in here after the last couple of pages.