Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

The one in Collyhurst or the one who runs the homeless breakfast charity?

You live in Manchester don’t you Bod? I was a student there in the late 80s, I went back there last summer and the level of development is mental. It’s visually impressive but there’s obviously a big downside.

...especially  since there is an option to view the website in English without your browser translator. Now all they need is an option to hem your jeans.

I hope this cuts down on the time it took to order from Rakuten. Tokyo is 14 hours ahead of me so they would get my order the next business day, I would get the invoice the day after that, and 3 days after ordering it would finally ship.  

Great reading - love the Modernist Society from Manchester & their magazine.

they did a nice fold-out poster of the “Toaster Rack” where I used to study briefly.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Interesting article about a short-lived new town/overspill modernist ‘Lego’ estate in Runcorn (of all places!). I wasn’t aware of this place at all.

“... the particular talents of a man who was more concerned with setting an agenda for everyone else to follow than in creating failsafe designs unworthy of controversy.”

Erm, no - not when you’re pissing public money up the wall. I see too much of this - there’s a great confusion about the role, and more the ability, of the architect (a small ‘a’ is sufficient), mostly due to highfalutin tosh like this.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Apocalypse Aesthetic

Apocolyptic indeed - they're shocking conditions - just been reading a bit more about it- Can only hope that the conditions somehow improve give some respite and state/govt/people can minimise the devastation. not sure really how best to respond except to express sympathy with you all affected - it looks almost unreal, must be shocking to be anywhere half close to it

I posted earlier about how it wasn't as bad this year in Washington State, but well clearly it was too early to say that. Here is a picture of what it looked like yesterday morning (credit to the person in the watermark). Not as bad today, though, but it is still smoky.

smoke.thumb.jpg.e654e9f8aea9fefc2d6d1f35e17bc336.jpg

Edited by djungelorm